SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Sage User

Always Recording Selected Channel (Need help with MCE blaster)

I have a Dell Dim8400, WinXP-SP2 Media Center Edition. I have installed a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500MCE w additional A/V board. I also purchased a Microsoft MCE Remote with IR connector. I have a Direct TV Satalite Box and Cable TV. What I may have is a disconnect in my mind. I have tried to read all I can on SageTV, Hauppauge technical info to include their FAQ. I have tried to read as many threads on this Forum that I thought might shed light. Everything appears to be working in both Sage and Media Center. For example I can bring up Sage TV Guide and change channels on the guide but it does not actually change the channel. I can schedule favorites. In Media Center I can change channel numbers on screen but the channels do not change. My problem seems to be that SageTV guide and MCE Remote appears to change channels on the guide but the Channel remains the same. The only way I can actually change the Channel is to use the original Remote that came with the Direct TV Box. It will bring up the original DirectTV Guide and then change the channel. Sage does record the channel to my computer and it will play back in MCE. I not sure I have got the right concept on how the remote is supposed to operate. Also, how do I know which tuner is sending the signal and is there any way I can select one tuner or the other. Any suggestions will help because I think I'm going in circles.
Thanx Jgart