SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Odd recording/Playback issues over the last two weeks.

I am recording OTA shows via a couple HDHR on a Sage 9.1.8 version of the software. Over the last couple of weeks some of the recordings are getting corrupted, or something I can't explain. My recordings usually show the green bar on the side to indicate the recording, It may show comskip segments or not. On a few shows i am seeing a very similar issue where the green bar only goes half way, then the second half of the show is red. When you try to watch one of them it just ends out immediately. The only way to get to watch a show that looks like that is to start the show with the Play button and simultaneously press a skip back button. Then you can skip all the way back to the beginning and the whole show is there. You get the hold one hour show in what appears to be a half hour. It seems to be random shows that air on different channels.
I did notice this similar condition in the recording detail from all the affected shows since I discovered the detail discrepancy on Friday.
A one hour show that airs 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM shows in the "Recorded from 8:59 PM to 10:00 PM Do i have something corrupt? See a screen shot attached. I highlighted what may be a clue in Yellow

PS. It been happening for a couple weeks now, so its not related to Daylight Savings time. I did check, and the time on the sage server is correctly being updated by an NTP server. I did turn off the sagetv server update option in the detailed setup a while back thinking there wasn't any more sage server to update the time anymore.

Oh, I rebooted the SageTV server Sunday morning around 9am as I thought there might be an issue there as it hadn't been rebooted in months. -Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg showdiscrepancy.JPG (56.2 KB, 69 views)
Hardware Dell T20 Mini Tower, 4th Gen Pentium, 8GB RAM, Win10 Pro 64 bit, 3 x 4TB WD Green, 128GB SSD boot drive. Capture: 2 Dual HDHR, (OTA Winegard HD8200U, CM4221HD), 3 @ STP-HD200's fw=v20100909 TV's: 70", 55" & 40" Sony's - Playon/PlayLater, Blue Iris. FFMPEG script converting MPEG2 to MP4 long term storage.

Motorhome Sage Server: SageTV v9.1.8 Intel NUC6CAYH, HD300, Nvidia Shield 2017, 1 Dual HDHR 4TB Passport storage, Winegard BatWing RV antenna.

Last edited by bigbill; 03-12-2018 at 11:30 PM.