SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-2014, 09:02 AM
bbig119 bbig119 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 158
Is there a way to make playlist queue for recordings?

Is there a way in SageTV to make a queue of recordings that will play through the list without any user intervention once started?

I never thought about something like this until I had a kid. As much as I hate to plop him in front of the TV, sometimes I need to get some things done while he is awake and unwilling to go to sleep. I'd rather have him watch shows that I approve of and have recorded, rather than leave him at the mercy of watching live TV. My son is too young to control SageTV-- the remote is still just a glorious thing to chew one to him, and though he is still entertained by the SageTV logo screensaver that appears after a recording finishes, that probably won't last much longer.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-13-2014, 09:30 AM
trallyus trallyus is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119 View Post
Is there a way in SageTV to make a queue of recordings that will play through the list without any user intervention once started?

I never thought about something like this until I had a kid. As much as I hate to plop him in front of the TV, sometimes I need to get some things done while he is awake and unwilling to go to sleep. I'd rather have him watch shows that I approve of and have recorded, rather than leave him at the mercy of watching live TV. My son is too young to control SageTV-- the remote is still just a glorious thing to chew one to him, and though he is still entertained by the SageTV logo screensaver that appears after a recording finishes, that probably won't last much longer.

Thanks.
If you want to play episodes of the same tv series one after the other I know you can do that on a pc by choosing your tv series and right clicking your mouse and choosing play all (Number of recordings) now from the pop up menu that pops up when you do that.

If you want to play all your recordings from lets say a single channel then try loading the "TV Explorer" plugin on your sage tv program and sort your shows by channels and you'll have more shows then you know what to do with playing one after another
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2014, 09:32 AM
bbig119 bbig119 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 158
Thanks, I'll try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
If you want to play episodes of the same tv series one after the other I know you can do that on a pc by choosing your tv series and right clicking your mouse and choosing play all (Number of recordings) now from the pop up menu that pops up when you do that.

If you want to play all your recordings from lets say a single channel then try loading the "TV Explorer" plugin on your sage tv program and sort your shows by channels and you'll have more shows then you know what to do with playing one after another
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-13-2014, 03:14 PM
will will is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 797
Instead of a playlist, what if you make a custom view with filters?

You can filter based on guide category or you can add a custom category to the favorite to use in the filter. You could also have the view hide watched.

I do something like this for shows that we watch together in my house. I have a view called "Our Shows" and it picks up a custom category from favorites called "Our Shows" and it only shows items that haven't been watched. Before, we were struggling with finding things quickly because I have 60 days worth of TV recorded so the master list is huge. Filters have allows me to segment all my TV into the following categories (All Recordings, Movies, TV Shows, Our Shows, Design/Home, History/Science, News, Will (which filters everything not marked Movies, Our Shows, Design/Home, History/Science, and News).

The only downside to views is that they are local to the properties file. So if I make a change to my filter settings I have to copy the text to each extender/client properties file (which is annoying). I wish each extender had a toggle switch to use either a global views list or a local views list.
__________________
Will

OS: Windows 7
Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s, 1 Client, 1 MiniClient
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2014, 03:31 PM
trallyus trallyus is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
Instead of a playlist, what if you make a custom view with filters?

You can filter based on guide category or you can add a custom category to the favorite to use in the filter. You could also have the view hide watched.

I do something like this for shows that we watch together in my house. I have a view called "Our Shows" and it picks up a custom category from favorites called "Our Shows" and it only shows items that haven't been watched. Before, we were struggling with finding things quickly because I have 60 days worth of TV recorded so the master list is huge. Filters have allows me to segment all my TV into the following categories (All Recordings, Movies, TV Shows, Our Shows, Design/Home, History/Science, News, Will (which filters everything not marked Movies, Our Shows, Design/Home, History/Science, and News).

The only downside to views is that they are local to the properties file. So if I make a change to my filter settings I have to copy the text to each extender/client properties file (which is annoying). I wish each extender had a toggle switch to use either a global views list or a local views list.
Can you explain how to do this to a noobie like me as I would love to to do something like this only instead of shows for the past 60 days I would love to maybe set up some filters so only shows from the past 5 days or 10 days that were unwatched would be grouped in a my shows category.

Is there a tutorial or is this explained in the sage tv manual somewhere that you can point me to.

Never mind as I think I figured it out Appreciate the tip as well

Last edited by trallyus; 11-13-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2014, 04:30 PM
will will is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
Can you explain how to do this
Page 41 of the 7.0 manual if you still need help.
__________________
Will

OS: Windows 7
Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s, 1 Client, 1 MiniClient
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2014, 10:12 PM
trallyus trallyus is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
Page 41 of the 7.0 manual if you still need help.
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice to Make my recordings clear hmadyson Hardware Support 5 07-04-2011 08:34 AM
How to make mixed playlist w/ music and vid Rigwald SageTV Software 1 01-05-2010 10:21 AM
Playlist in SageTV Recordings billvan SageTV Software 1 12-04-2006 06:31 PM
Sage Recordings Playlist Development..Any takers? Deadbolt SageTV Customizations 11 04-14-2006 05:43 PM
queue recordings for playback TakeFlight SageTV Software 2 01-02-2006 07:15 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.