SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Sage User

Send a message via Yahoo to bbroerman
bandwidth question...

I tried searching for this, but didn't find anything relevent...

What is the average bandwidth requirement for SD? I record at 3 Mbps. I would *assume* that the requirement for streaming to a SageTV client would be no more than 4 Mbps or maybe even 5...

BUT

The other day, I tried using my WLAN (802.11b) and see if it would support a single SD stream... It didn't I went back to the wired connection, and clocked the network usage at 11 Mbps while viewing a show (and 0 otherwise). Is there some reason why a 3 Mbps video stream needs 11 Mbps to play back??

Thanks!

Tags
bandwidth, client, sdtv