SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Sage User

not an extender

for some reason my sagetv 64 bit running on windows 10 suddenly thinks that it is a 200d extender and can no longer find the server and also thinks that it needs an extender firmware update.

The only change I tried was I installed gemstone. I have since uninstalled gemstone but without any help.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

So this is a 64 bit client on a separate machine connecting to a 64 bit server? Can you post the sagetv_0.txt log file from the server and the sageclient_0.txt from the client after freshly starting up the client?
Old 12-22-2018, 01:54 PM
Sage User

not running a client. only running sagetv64. Everything is on the server machine. have to force quit the server as it freezes with an unreadable screen. If I stop the service and run the main program the screen becomes readable but still shows as an extender.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (453.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 12-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Sage User

Here is the log without the service running when windows starts.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (655.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-22-2018, 02:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok, so you’re running in service mode. Technically you’re using a client on the localhost when doing that so the client properties and log file applies. When you shut down the service and just run sagetv.exe it runs as a server and client all in one and then uses the normal properties and log file.

If both cases produce the same result it sound like a configuration issue on the server side. Do you happen to have a pre-problem sage.properties file you can compare against?

I have no idea what gemstone touches that may or may not have issues with 64-bit.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Also, can you post a screenshot in standalone mode where it thinks it's an HD200?

I don't know where that decision is made but considering when I was first debugging I had an HD200 that would create & display everything on the server when powered on because of a bad setting. You kind of have the opposite going on.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Also in your latest logfile (standalone), it's showing 'hang dectect' in the UI thread. According to Narflex there's a setting you can enable to dump thread states when that happens:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...14&postcount=8

Set that to something other than 0. Something like 1000 but I think even 1 will work and cause the thread states to dump with every 'hang' message.

That might help sort this out.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:27 AM
Sage User

Here is the screen asking me to update the 200HD firmware.

Also, I have discovered that if I start the service first, it takes me to the 200HD setup routine, but if I start sage directly without starting the service first, it starts and runs normal.

I replaced the sagetv properties file with the old one and updated the file locations, but that made no difference at all.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:37 AM
Sage User

Here is the screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: png 2018-12-23.png (579.5 KB, 47 views)
Old 12-23-2018, 11:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb0921 View Post
Here is the screen asking me to update the 200HD firmware.

Also, I have discovered that if I start the service first, it takes me to the 200HD setup routine, but if I start sage directly without starting the service first, it starts and runs normal.

I replaced the sagetv properties file with the old one and updated the file locations, but that made no difference at all.
Thanks for the pic. I can look through the software update code to see what makes it end up there.

When you start the service first, then run sagetv.exe, it uses SageClient.properties for the settings that are not server-related. That’s the file you need to restore. Running without the service started shares the server and client side settings in Sage.properties.

Also, check fo any properties files in the ‘clients” sub directory though I think those may be only for extenders. If there are any, rename shut down SageTV and rename them.

Reading an older post of mine, it seems that if you delete sageclient.properties, it will make a new one upon startup. The new one will copy client settings from Sage,properties so it should look like the way it does when you ran without the service. Rename rather than delete sageclient,properties and run a diff after to see what caused this. You may have to re-set up any GUI settings and client plugins.

Last edited by wnjj; 12-23-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:30 PM
Sage User

Thank you so much for your help. I copied the old sageclient.properties over, enabled and started the service and everything is back to normal again.