SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Sage User

Video Rendering not working

Hi there,

Thank you for all of the effort spent on the current version of SageTv! I updated when the program guide died and it has been working great on my primary machines.

I just tried to install the client on a new windows 10 machine and I am unable to get any playback. None of the options in the 'configure video playback' wizard work. This particular machine is connected to the server via wifi, instead of hardwired like the others. Also, this machine is a laptop that is running the primary display and two external displays (hooked up by usb).

Trying the various options in the Video / Audio detailed setup screen doesn't seem to impact this.

Any suggestions for me?

Thank you!

-Mike
Old 08-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahr View Post
Hi there,

Thank you for all of the effort spent on the current version of SageTv! I updated when the program guide died and it has been working great on my primary machines.

I just tried to install the client on a new windows 10 machine and I am unable to get any playback. None of the options in the 'configure video playback' wizard work. This particular machine is connected to the server via wifi, instead of hardwired like the others. Also, this machine is a laptop that is running the primary display and two external displays (hooked up by usb).

Trying the various options in the Video / Audio detailed setup screen doesn't seem to impact this.

Any suggestions for me?

Thank you!

-Mike
Are you running Windows 10? You may need to install LAV filters since V9 and Win10 do not have an MPEG2 decoder.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Sage Icon

The playback wizard doesn't work.

Install the LAV codecs

Make this registry change
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Frey Technologies\Common\DirectShow
EnableSageTVStreamDemux = 0

Set the Video/Audio settings like this.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Decoders.JPG (83.3 KB, 482 views)
Old 08-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Sage User

Perfect! Works great, now. Thank you so much for the directions!

-Mike
Old 03-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Doesn't work for me on Win10 x64

My power supply crapped out on my server so i'm trying to setup a sage server on my laptop using a HDHomeRun OTA tuner. I configured sage, silicondust drivers and opendct. When i tune into a channel to preview it, i get the Playback Error message Playback Exception Error (-4,0x80040217). There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback. I have the LAV filters installed and Sage set to "LAV Video Decoder". I see a buf file getting created when i test the channel so i know it can access to tuner OK. I have spent hours on this while the wife can't watch or record her shows.

Update: My laptop is using a AMD Radeon HD 7570M graphics adapter.
While i cannot watch live tv via SAGETV directly on the laptop, i can record them from the laptop and also from the TV while connected via a HD200 to the Sage service running on my laptop. So it is some kind of localized setting for viewing video that isn't correct.

I also changed from mmc/encoders/<encoder_id>/100/0/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true to mmc/encoders/<encoder_id>/100/0/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=false for each of my EXTEND entries but it didn't help
Storage External: Sans Digital 4-Bay eSATA Port Multiplier RAID Enclosure with (4) 4TB Drives
Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Clients: (1) STX-HD100 HD Media Extender, (3) HD200 HD Theatre, (1) HD300

Last edited by brandypuff; 03-11-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

You may have already tried all this, but maybe there would be some useful hint in this thread;

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64230
Old 01-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I am running SageTV version 9.x (32 bit version) on a 64 bit Windows 10 Machine. Do I use the 32 bit or 64 bit LAV Filters...
Old 01-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
So I am running SageTV version 9.x (32 bit version) on a 64 bit Windows 10 Machine. Do I use the 32 bit or 64 bit LAV Filters...
Always 32-bit filters for 32-bit programs, regardless of OS.