SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 PM

SageTV 6.6 collapse while loading video from Happaugue HD PVR.

Please help~~

I have SageTV 6.6 installed on my laptop. Went through the setup and add the source to test, the Sagetv collapse once I hit the Component Button when chose to set up the video source.

The Arcsoft Total Media Extreme installed on the same computer works flawless with the HD PVR. Of course, it won't let me program the record through the menu like Sage had.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Sage Icon

I have a set of installation instructions (see my signature for link). Setting up the HD-PVR and SageTV together is not as intuitive as you might think.

Basically SageTV needs to be installed AFTER the HD-PVR drivers and software. Most people already have SageTV installed when they get the HD-PVR so this step would be done backwards in most scenerios.

Try uninstalling SageTV (don't worry - simply uninstalling it won't loose any settings, history, channel guides, etc). Then reboot the computer and reinstall SageTV using the normal installer.

I suspect that will fix your issue. But if not, let us know.

Welcome to the forum!
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all