SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-09-2007, 05:16 AM
Sage User

Strange volume up problem

I have searched the forum and have not found any problem like this one.

I have the haupauge 150 card and remote, the silver 4 buttons in a line remote. Every thing works fine on the remote except volume up. When I hit volume up my screen turns upside down. (You heard what I said)

Thatís right the screen is upside down, I would take a screen shot but it would look like I turned the screen upside down, now it is not physically upside down but unusable till it gets fixed. The first time it happened I figured a quick reboot would fix it, but when it came back it was still upside down. Not just sage, windows. It makes using the mouse fun. I can fix it by starting sage and pressing volume up again.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? It has always happened, I avoid using the volume up button now but I don't think it happens every time but close to every time.

Thanks
Gary
Old 08-09-2007, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

You could try going into Sage and Detailed Setup and then commands and relearn the volume up button to your remote button and see if that fixes it. It sounds like that button got remapped to I-don't-know-what but it doesn't sound good.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Sage User

Thanks, ill give that a try. i had no idea where to even look to see what it was going to.

the good thing is that seems to be my only problem, Besides the WAF, but that can't be fixed in a forum.

thanks again, If I can see what it is mapped to, Ill let you know.

Gary
Old 08-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Sage User

Volume up was bound to CTRL alt which seams to be correct.

I tried to remove it and rebind it with no luck.

is there a way to change what volume up is in the haupauge software, I could not find one but the problem may have to be changed from there.

any other ideas

Gary
Old 08-14-2007, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane217 View Post
Volume up was bound to CTRL alt which seams to be correct.

I tried to remove it and rebind it with no luck.

is there a way to change what volume up is in the haupauge software, I could not find one but the problem may have to be changed from there.

any other ideas

Gary
I thought Volume up is Ctrl-R. And Volume down is Ctrl-E.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Sage User

IT apears taht ctrl alt and ctrl r ar both volume up.

the remote sends ctrl alt, do you know if this can be changed?

I have an ati card and read somewhere that ctrl alt (up arrow) flips the screen but this does not explain my problem.

when I am not in sage the volume up button does not do anything.

Gary
Old 08-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

In irremote.ini, found in your Windows directory, it has a [SageTV] section that is active when SageTV has focus. There, the VOLUP button is defined as ctrl+alt+r and then gets assigned to a command in SageTV depending on which Hauppauge remote you are using.

Try using your keyboard to type ctrl+alt+r to see what happens. If that affects the screen, check the ATI software to see if you can reconfigure that setting. Otherwise, you could edit irremote.ini to assign a differnt keystroke & then assign that to the appropriate command in SageTV.

Are you using a language setting other than English?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks,

ill give that a try when I get a chance and report back.

I am using english

Gary
Old 08-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Sage User

ctrl alt r does flip my screen and so far I am unable to disable it in the ati software. I am still looking for a way. If nothing else ill try to change it in the config file.

Thanks
Gary