SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Issues installing fresh copy of SageTV

**Please move the thread to the Beta forum if need be, but I think the issues I am having are an overall "fresh SageTV install/restore wiz.bin" situation since I was successfully running the beta for so long**

Here we go..

I was running v7.1.5.252 beta for a while, no issues other than too many installed plugins ... so I had uninstalled many of these plugins and kept just a few that I really liked. Everything "SageTV" was great for a while longer, but then it happened, the OS hard drive started going south, way south.

Which brings us to this week and a brand new hard drive, fresh Windows 7 install, and a fresh install of v7.1.5.252 beta and a complete backup copy of my old SageTV install folder in hand...

My intention was to start with a clean copy of SageTV with my wiz.bin and then install some important plugins that I want.

Software/hardware specs:
  • Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, Intel Q9400, 2GB Corsair RAM / Windows 7 Home Premium
  • All recording drives set up with same drive letters as old install
  • SageTV v7.1.5.252 beta w/ included Java version
  • 3 Hauppauge HVR-2250
  • 2 HD100

1st try: Installed SageTV, set it up to run it as a service (as I was running it before), went thru startup configuration, set up the tuners, shut all SageTV down, plopped in my wiz.bin, rebooted, started service... tried to start the SageTV client to see if everything was good, and it hung, checked task manager and the service and the client weren't using CPU/nor lots of memory.

2nd try: Installed SageTV, set it up to run it as a service (as I was running it before), went thru startup configuration, shut all SageTV down, plopped in my wiz.bin, rebooted, started service... tried to start the SageTV client to see if everything was good, and I found some of my recordings as imports, viewing history gone, etc ...not good enough (I'm very proud that I still have a recording from mid-2004 )

3rd try: Installed SageTV, set it up to run it as a service (as I was running it before), shut all SageTV down, copied my entire old install folder over the install folder.... rebooted, fired up the service and SageTV client... At this point I want to say voilla! (and I think I did right at that point) BUT, I am having a few issues, some of which I can remedy (backgrounds displaying weird, tuners need new scans done on them, etc.) BUT now hours waiting a then shutting down, rebooting, uninstalling all plugins, and rebooting and waiting more hours.... I cannot seem to get the "scan for new media" icon to go away!

I have tried different version of the attempts above, and the last one was the most "hopeful". However the "scan for new media" icon won't go away, my properties file(s) are plum full of junk I don't think I need, several leftover jars are still present, etc... just plain messy.

All I wanted was a fresh beginning with SageTV and my recordings/viewing history/favorites/and whatever else is in the wiz.bin restored. I read lots of things about this on the forums, and I thought the proper way was install SageTV and drop in the wiz.bin, but no go for me

I also tried the ways above with the wiz.bak renamed to wiz.bin, same result overall.

Anybody have any advice? I could sure use some
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I think that this should be in the beta folder. Maybe we can get it moved, but I'm worried you may have a corrupt wiz.bin. Not sure how that would happen, but I've never had that issue. Maybe others will chime in and let you know whats going on.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.