SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Sage User

HD200 not working? (got from ebay)

(resolved, thanks Tiki)

I have a SageTv system at my mom's house, her computer died so i used an old computer to be the server and needed a client.

I purchased an HD200 from ebay which they said was tested and in working order (with only a hauppauge A415-HPG remote)

hdmi is plugged in and the tv is on, i'm not positive if the ethernet connection is working, but its plugged in.

i plug in the HD200 and i see a SageTv logo

after about a minute or so the logo goes away and my tv says no signal.

i let it sit for 30 minutes or so, nothing.

the green net and red active LED are lit.

When i try pressing things on the remote, the active LED blinks a few times. but i see nothing on the screen

then when i remove the power cord, my tv changes from hdmi input back to tv.

1) am i doing something wrong?
2) any idea what is wrong?
3) i had the idea to do a factory reset, but it says press the delete key while plugging in power, and i dont have a delete?

thanks for any help anyone can give.

Last edited by bweb; 01-28-2016 at 03:39 PM. Reason: problem resolved
Old 01-28-2016, 01:19 PM
Sage Icon

Could be that it is defaulting to outputting on a different connector (e.g. component instead of HDMI). Does your TV have alternate inputs that you could try?

The first time you power up, it's supposed to go through a setup wizard to choose how the TV is connected. But, since this is a used unit, you probably won't see that unless you can do a reset. The normal HD-200 remote does have a delete key, but if you have a different remote, ?? Maybe you could plug in a usb keyboard (I think the delete key would be the same, but not sure).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-28-2016, 01:32 PM
Sage User

Not sure if this is valid, but could it be outputting on an unsupported resolution?
Could try pressing video out to change resolution takes some time after each button press for it to toggle resolution. May be worth a try.
HD-HOMERUN CONNECT(2xDVB-T2)x2,
1 HD-PVR2 (Gaming Edition)/SKY HD,
QNAP NAS
Old 01-28-2016, 03:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Could be that it is defaulting to outputting on a different connector (e.g. component instead of HDMI). Does your TV have alternate inputs that you could try?

The first time you power up, it's supposed to go through a setup wizard to choose how the TV is connected. But, since this is a used unit, you probably won't see that unless you can do a reset. The normal HD-200 remote does have a delete key, but if you have a different remote, ?? Maybe you could plug in a usb keyboard (I think the delete key would be the same, but not sure).
thanks much, actually i had wondered what a few adapters were that have been idle since i bought my tv long ago... it was the component adapter, I connected it and the video was indeed set to component.

side note, i enabled hdmi and rebooted, both hdmi and component are active, if they both are active, why wouldn't it always be this way?

anyway, thanks again, good catch.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:09 AM
Sage User

actually... not fixed :/

so it was working for a bit, then my mom let me know it wasn't working again. I turned on the tv and power cycled it again. I thought it was working but my mom told me again that it was showing the sagetv logo and then nothing.

I haven't been able to go over to look at it, but it sounds like it may have decided to change its output back to component instead of hdmi?

has anyone else experienced it changing back to component if its powered on before the hdmi tv is turned on or something?

I had told the seller that i was having problems, and wanted to try a factory reset, but the remote he sent didn't have a delete since it wasn't the original, he said he'd send the orginial... but sent another of the hauppauge ones :/ he's trying to help but i think we are reaching knowlege/expertise issues.

so part 2... how do i factory reset without the orig remote? if i connect the hd200 with component, i can browse the settings. i didn't see an option from the menus.

i had an idea where i could go in and remap a key to delete. if i remap (lets just say) the red button to delete in the hd200, can it be used to factory reset or does the mapping not work? i'll try and give that a try this next week.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Sage User

fixed again, in a different thread I found someone referencing a "force hdmi" setting, I think that was needed.