SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a Wiz.bin / sage.properties importer

Is there a plugin or tool that will parse and then import parts of an old wiz.bin or sage.properties file into a new system? I searched the forums and saw some old posts (2005) about having multiple running instances, but most of the responses were to not do it, or just use a network encoder box.

Especially for the purposes of upgrading, and/or when I'm testing, I do have multiple boxes and want to do a one time ingest from one sage to another, I imagine some tool like this might be nice.

I think I could hack something together using the sagex api, but I cant imagine someone hasn't done this before. (as for hack, I could see querying one box for all of its favorites, then pushing them into the other. Same for files and then copying them, etc). This would NOT be a synchronization effort
Old 03-09-2016, 10:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Check out the FAQs for how to transfer Sage to a new computer. You can definitely carry over the wiz.bin to a new system. I just did it recently and it works great. What you shouldn't do is bring the sage.properties file over, though. There are too many things which change in that file between systems.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you for the response. While I know it is possible to directly bring your old file. I'm looking for something to help with a situation where I have two live systems, new and old. And rather than replace one with the other, I want the new to intelligently pull certain configurations and database details out of the old.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:05 AM
SageTVaholic

About the only thing I know if is via the web interface you can export/import favorites.

Recordings have metadata inside them, so they will be imported correctly/automatically.

Other than that, there's really no way I know of to pull over your history other than copying the wiz.bin.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tried unsuccessfully to merge the v6 and v9 properties file and ended up just installing V9 over a v6 installation. There are a ton of entries in the properties file. You can easily move the wiz.bin file over as it contains your favorites and metadata for all your recordings but I don't know what else.

You should be able to do a clean install of V9 and then add your tuners and plugins and tweak the UI to your liking and then just replace wiz.bin with the old wiz.bin. That's the way i think it should work, anyway.

I'm getting ready to migrate my test v9 install over to my V6 production system as the v9 beta appears to be quite stable.
Storage External: Sans Digital 4-Bay eSATA Port Multiplier RAID Enclosure with (4) 4TB Drives
Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Clients: (1) STX-HD100 HD Media Extender, (3) HD200 HD Theatre, (1) HD300