SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Brent94Z Brent94Z is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 863
Grouping exercise videos?

Hey Guys!

I'm looking for some input on how to group a selection of videos. My videos are stored on the hard drive in DVD format with the name of the DVD for a folder and then the VIDEO_TS folder under that.

I wanted to use a "Playlist" but reading about this it appears DVDs can't be added to a playlist.

I'm using Gemstone as well... maybe some kind of modified flow or something else I'm not aware of would work in Gemstone?

Is there a way that I can easily group my lady's exercise DVDs in one location so she doesn't have to look through all 2000+ of my DVD movies I have burned to the hard drives?

I did see in one area where I had like "action" and "comedy" etc. type movies but there was nothing for exercise. I'm not opposed to manually editing a few xml files if that's what it takes as there are only about 10 or so exercise DVDs of interest that I'd like to group together. Would that be about the only way... if that's even possible?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-17-2016, 07:57 AM
rnadeau's Avatar
rnadeau rnadeau is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 500
I had this problem. Fixed it by creating Exercise folder on hard drive, added it as import folder , moved exercise videos to new folder, created a new menu option called exercise as a child to video menu. Exit menu creation and got to exercise folder and told it to show only videos in the Exercise folder.
__________________
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-17-2016, 07:05 PM
Brent94Z Brent94Z is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I had this problem. Fixed it by creating Exercise folder on hard drive, added it as import folder , moved exercise videos to new folder, created a new menu option called exercise as a child to video menu. Exit menu creation and got to exercise folder and told it to show only videos in the Exercise folder.
Thanks! Did you do all this using the Gemstone Dynamic Menu Manger? I'm not home now but will give that a shot and see if I can figure it out Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2016, 06:21 PM
KryptoNyte's Avatar
KryptoNyte KryptoNyte is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,723
Had a similar problem, so I just stopped exercising.

Problem solved.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-25-2016, 07:43 AM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,414
Another way to do this would be to give all of these videos a genre (or category - I can't remember which name it is) of "exercise". Then add a menu item in Gemstone off of Movies or Videos called "Exercise" and use a Genre Filter to only include this specific genre.

I don't like using Folder based filtering since that will fall apart if you add an additional hard drive to your system and have the videos spread out over multiple hard drives. IMHO using metadata is a much more robust way of doing this.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Brent94Z Brent94Z is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Had a similar problem, so I just stopped exercising.

Problem solved.

That'll probably be the way it ends up... but in the meantime. LOL


Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Another way to do this would be to give all of these videos a genre (or category - I can't remember which name it is) of "exercise". Then add a menu item in Gemstone off of Movies or Videos called "Exercise" and use a Genre Filter to only include this specific genre.

I don't like using Folder based filtering since that will fall apart if you add an additional hard drive to your system and have the videos spread out over multiple hard drives. IMHO using metadata is a much more robust way of doing this.
That's a good idea and I'll look into that as well as I do like that better! I used a folder option for now but not sure if it's the same as the one mentioned above. I put the Exercise DVDs in their own folder. I then used a Gemstone Flow with a folder Filter. If I run out of space on this hard drive then add another, I can "Include" an additional folder so that wouldn't be that big of deal the way I did it. But I'll look into the metadata option too. And to do this you'd use the "Edit Metadata" option then update the category or genre there... is that what you are talking about? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-25-2016, 08:50 AM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,414
You can use the Edit Metadata option or you can also use BMT through a web browser if you have that installed. I think with that you could do multiple items at once so it would be quicker. And a third way to do it would be via the Web UI as you can also edit metadata through that.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-25-2016, 08:52 AM
Brent94Z Brent94Z is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
You can use the Edit Metadata option or you can also use BMT through a web browser if you have that installed. I think with that you could do multiple items at once so it would be quicker. And a third way to do it would be via the Web UI as you can also edit metadata through that.
Thanks!!! I'll take a look!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grouping DVDs? PeteCress SageTV Software 10 04-06-2011 02:01 PM
Can I add a top level grouping? jbsmith22 Diamond 1 04-02-2011 07:02 AM
BMI, FanArt and grouping ElvisLorin SageTV Customizations 1 08-16-2010 07:55 AM
Grouping by Favorite? rwc SageTV Software 7 12-06-2007 08:40 PM
Grouping options? sainswor99 SageTV Beta Test Software 6 08-03-2007 06:30 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.