SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-04-2019, 06:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Problems with DVD menu SageTVx64 for Windows

I recently tried to watch a ripped DVD(TS folder) and was unable to navigate past the DVD Menu. I believe this is the first time I tried to watch a DVD like this since moving to the 64 bit version of SageTV for Windows (Server and Client).

This is happening on the 64 bit version of the Client. I am using LAV filters. The OS is Windows 7 x64.
I did attempt to change all decoder setting to the Microsoft Decoder, but it didn't make a difference. And just to be clear, I made the decoder change under both the DVD and the Multimedia sections of the settings.

I wanted to try the x86 client (same machine as x64 client) but it will no longer connect to x64 server. I was able to connect the x86 client to the x64 Server in the past but the current x64 server may be slightly new version than what I was using at that time.

Whenever I have run into this issue in the past, it was typically due to the decoder I was using. I am fairly sure I have used the LAV filters and been able to navigate DVD menus under the x86 client. I know for sure I have used the Microsoft decoders and been able to navigate DVD menus.

Besides the switch to Sage x64 for Windows, the only other change I can think of is I have also disabled the default Sage splitter so I can watch MKV's.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:23 PM

No body is ripped DVD that way any more, Just rip the main movie as video file in MP4 with out all that navigate junk.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
No body is ripped DVD that way any more, Just rip the main movie as video file in MP4 with out all that navigate junk.
All of our DVD's are ripped that way and we like checking out the extras sometimes.

I'll give DVD menus a try this evening.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
All of our DVD's are ripped that way and we like checking out the extras sometimes.

I'll give DVD menus a try this evening.
We got rid them a long time nobody in our house even bother with the extra stuff.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Sage Icon

I am using the beta Sage 9.2.0.441 (32-bit) on Windows 10 pro (64-bit). Using the LAV filters that Sage installed. Using EVR renderer. AMD integrated graphics on Ryzen CPU.

I tested several DVD rips that I had and menus worked fine in all of them.
Source:
Comcast Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250
Old 03-05-2019, 10:30 PM
Sage Icon

I confirmed that menus don't work for me either. I traced the problem to a 32-64 bit data type issue in the DVD processing code. I patched a DLL and it's working for me now. I'll post the patched DLL to the 64-bit installer news thread since most watch that one. I'll work on getting the code to the beta building and submitting a pull request next once it's tested.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

After replacing the file on the client machine, DVD Menus are working again.

Thank You.

P.S. Feel free to move this thread to the x64 area, if it seems a better fit.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
After replacing the file on the client machine, DVD Menus are working again.

Thank You.

P.S. Feel free to move this thread to the x64 area, if it seems a better fit.
Good to hear. Iíll submit the changes. This thread is fine here as there are already a few different intertwined issues in the installer news thread. I just wanted to post the patch there since many more are watching that thread.

Tags
dvd menus