SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-15-2019, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I bought a Playon lifetime membership a while back. Since then, I have installed it numerous times and enabled Amazon Prime Video, and every recording has failed. I just reinstalled it, and enabled Amazon and D+, and all recordings failed.

I keep seeing folks talking about how great this is, what am I missing?
It could have changed recently but I just got done recording a bunch of series videos from Amazon (about a month ago).

You were trying this from a windows box that has a screen and isn't from an RDP session - correct? I used to use a RDP session to record from 2 years ago but changed to a session on my Win10 laptop and haven't had problems since. Netflix gives me more problems then Amazon. I have to stop and start the server every couple of days or the videos all fail. Once restarted it works from Netflix again for a day or two.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

I use PlayOn quite a bit -- I currently have 207 episodes recorded; 28 shows. I record only those programs that have commercials and delete after viewing. The exception would be recording episodes that SageTV missed or failed. This means I never record networks like Netflix or Prime since that would be a waste of disk space and recording time.

PlayOn.JPG

I have not had any long-term problems with PlayOn in the past 2-3 years. By long-term I mean those issues that weren't quickly solved by the PlayOn techs. Sure, there have been frustrations but that can be expected as it is hard for anyone to keep ahead of supplier innovations.

FWIW, I have SageTV installed on a dedicated Windows machine and PlayOn installed on my workhorse Windows machine.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

They responded to my support request within just minutes of posting it. They've asked me to disable my Ceton Infinitv6 Pcie tuner for testing, but have to wait until recordings settle down.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:17 PM
Sage Icon

Yesterday I asked them if there was some way to troubleshoot their services without disabling my Ceton Infinitv6 pcie tuner. They stopped responding.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yesterday I asked them if there was some way to troubleshoot their services without disabling my Ceton Infinitv6 pcie tuner. They stopped responding.
Yeah, I have had that happen. I suspect when that happens they are researching for an answer. I, also, suspect sometimes that there is a very small group of people running the show... 2-3?
Old 12-18-2019, 08:19 AM
Sage Expert

They will respond in a day or two when they have something.
Client: HD300; Samsung UN46B7000
Client: Nexus Player / Mini-Client; Sony KDL-32L4000
Client: SageTV Placeshifter 7
Client: SageTV Client 9
Old 12-18-2019, 06:10 PM
Sage Icon

They did respond. The Playon software can't be run on the same Win 7 machine that has a Ceton 6 Pcie tuner installed in it. I'll give it a shot on another system.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You may have a resource issue.

I run PlayOn on a VM. I switched it to another VM and had problems. PlayOn support diagnosed that the issue was that I did not dedicate enough CPU cores to the new VM. It sounds like they are investigating along the line that the Ceton card takes up too much CPU for PlayOn to run without issues.

There must be a minimum amount of resources that PlayOn requires, and if it falls short, it fails. Since I allocated another pair of CPU cores, and stopped running any other important processes on the new VM, I have not had any issues reoccur with PlayOn.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 12-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Sage Icon

I installed it on another system in the house and it's working fine.

It looks like it just records one show on one channel at a time, is that correct? That surprised me a bit. I would think that, at the very least, a user could record from two different services at the same time.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, just one at a time. You can queue them up as much as you like, though. Since the downloading can be CPU- bandwidth-intensive, that probably prevents lots of problems: Too many downloads at once could result in failures. Still, it might be a desirable enhancement to allow multiple streams as a user-configurable option for systems that have sufficient resources to support it.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
That odd I'm kind of surprised being how hard nose Disney is on piracy even there DVD/Blu-ray can be a major pain in butt to rip.
It can probably be done with OBS.
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 mATX AMD Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD - Black SN750 NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 2x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, HD-PVR2, WinTV-quadHD USB, Windows 10 64bit