SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Sage Expert

Issue with Metadata in Properties Files

Not sure if this is Phoenix or BMT related, so I figured I would start here.

I just started using Phoenix and have built several views that filter on the MediaTitle value. I restructured my import folders, so I removed them from Sage, rescanned/restarted, then added them back in and rescanned/restarted. Only a few fields are populating on the Properties Files in BMT, and MediaTitle is not one of them. "ScrappedBy" indicates Phoenix.

If I manually go into each movie and select "Find Metadata" then it populates several additional fields, including MediaTitle. Of course I don't want to have to do this for each of the 700 titles in my collection.

Thanks for any assistance!

Update: It appears that Fanart is not auto downloading either. Once I go into a movie and use "Find Metadata" it downloads immediately.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP

Last edited by White94Cobra; 07-02-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
Not sure if this is Phoenix or BMT related, so I figured I would start here.

I just started using Phoenix and have built several views that filter on the MediaTitle value. I restructured my import folders, so I removed them from Sage, rescanned/restarted, then added them back in and rescanned/restarted. Only a few fields are populating on the Properties Files in BMT, and MediaTitle is not one of them. "ScrappedBy" indicates Phoenix.

If I manually go into each movie and select "Find Metadata" then it populates several additional fields, including MediaTitle. Of course I don't want to have to do this for each of the 700 titles in my collection.

Thanks for any assistance!

Update: It appears that Fanart is not auto downloading either. Once I go into a movie and use "Find Metadata" it downloads immediately.
If you when you imported the files, you have an existing .properties, then BMT will not process the file.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Sage Expert

I made sure to delete all .properties files before adding the import paths back in.

Thanks!
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 07-02-2011, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I made sure to delete all .properties files before adding the import paths back in.

Thanks!
Your issue (ie the automatic updating not working) looks like one of 2 issues...
1. The updater can't find a good match and it errors out
2. You have existing metadata so bmt skips it.

You can check the logs/phoenix-metadata.log and search for a file that didn't work.. you'll either see ERROR or SKIP as the the first part of the message (or UPDATED if bmt did actually update it)
Old 07-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Sage Expert

I'm confident my files are named well. I used TMDb to name everything. If I copy/paste the filenames into imdb or TMDb it finds an exact match every time.

That leaves existing metadata. How does one remove existing metadata from Sage?

One thing that is interesting is the movie title that Phoenix comes up with often doesn't match the filename. For example, "Iron Man 2 (2010).mkv" imports as "IRONMAN2.Title1.DVDRIP". I never saw that using Diamond or MyMovies. Could either of those somehow be breaking Phoenix?

Thanks much!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm confident my files are named well. I used TMDb to name everything. If I copy/paste the filenames into imdb or TMDb it finds an exact match every time.

That leaves existing metadata. How does one remove existing metadata from Sage?

One thing that is interesting is the movie title that Phoenix comes up with often doesn't match the filename. For example, "Iron Man 2 (2010).mkv" imports as "IRONMAN2.Title1.DVDRIP". I never saw that using Diamond or MyMovies. Could either of those somehow be breaking Phoenix?

Thanks much!
I think you are not seeing the right title because the file hasn't been "scraped" by phoenix/bmt. I'm guessing when you manually update the file from the web ui, then it looks good again, which would be another indication that phoenix/bmt is not handling the file initially.

The first place to start is the logs/phoenix-metadata.log (which is human readable log - mostly ) and search for the filename, in this case, Ironman (2010).mkv, and see if it has SKIP or ERROR.

There should not be an issue with having Diamond installed alongside Phoenix. But if you have some other process installed that also fetches metadata, then it may prevent bmt/phoenix from doing it's metadata/fanart job.