SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

HDHomeRun (HDHR) Prime + SageDCT

Apparently 6 tuner version of Prime is shipping this week and 3 tuner version next week. I have a 3CC on order (placed before Sage was swallowed by Google).

In response to my post on SiliconDust forums (http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10142) Jason confirmed that changes would have to be made to Sage to support virtual channel tuning (basically instead of xx.xxxx, tune to xxx) for a native support. Well, I guess that won't happen any more.

But, he also confirmed that there is a DRI interface available. SageDCT author (bobgvant) indicated that (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...pnp#post498592) this interface is what it uses to work with Ceton.

Hopefully, Prime would "just work" with SageDCT with UPnP discovery. If bobgvant can comment on any changes that may be needed that would be great. Is the source for SageDCT available? I didn't find it in his SourceForge repository.

If that fails, the other method Jason from SD mentioned is the MythTV libhdhomerun. May be someone can use that information to create a Network Encoder for Prime (I don't think my skills are up to it).

I really want CableCard support for CopyFreely stuff. Comcast is encrypting everything but locals here, but supposedly is not marking everything but premiums CopyFreely.

I will keep this thread updated with any progress.

Thanks
Sarat.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by svemuri View Post

Hopefully, Prime would "just work" with SageDCT with UPnP discovery. If bobgvant can comment on any changes that may be needed that would be great. Is the source for SageDCT available? I didn't find it in his SourceForge repository.
It won't just work, some change will be required to make it go. I don't expect it to be significant, but there is always the possibility that their implementation of DRI is different from Ceton's so the only way to know for sure is to test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svemuri View Post

Is the source for SageDCT available? I didn't find it in his SourceForge repository.
SageDCT is not OSS.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
It won't just work, some change will be required to make it go. I don't expect it to be significant, but there is always the possibility that their implementation of DRI is different from Ceton's so the only way to know for sure is to test it.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't know if you have a Prime on order, but I am willing to test(when I get it of course) and provide feedback. I have 7MC as well. So, I can do packet captures and such if necessary. Just let me know.

I would even offer up to send my Prime for you to test if you don't have it, but the CableCard thing is probably a pain to pair and then un-pair.

Thanks for you work on SageDCT and other stuff.

Sarat.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Sage Expert

2nd.

I've got a prime on order also and have and am using a Ceton via sagedct.

Hoping to switch to just using the Prime at some point or if I get both working well then will probably drop all my atsc and qam tuners and just use prime and ceton and hdpvrs (for HBO etc.)

Thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 07-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
2nd.

I've got a prime on order also and have and am using a Ceton via sagedct.

Hoping to switch to just using the Prime at some point or if I get both working well then will probably drop all my atsc and qam tuners and just use prime and ceton and hdpvrs (for HBO etc.)

Thanks
How reliable are you finding the ceton to be via sagedct?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Sage Expert

sagedct is fairly reliable, but not rock solid. however, I'm running it on a separate box from sage and I think that's causing occasional reliability issues.

I'm actually in the midst of upgrading my sage server to win 7 (almost done) and then I'll move the ceton card into my sage server box and see if that solidifies things.

thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 09-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Sage User

I'm close, but something's keeping it from working

The problem is likely me... I didn't do everything I should have. I got my Prime3 yesterday. Works in MCE (big deal) so there's no issue with the Mcard... but I must have missed a step in sageTV configuration with SageDCT. I'm hoping if I explain what I've done someone can tell me what I should do next:
Stopped Sage Service, downloaded latest SageDCT... installed it, ran Config and copied the created lines from encode button into sage properties.

I restarted sageTV service and launched sageTV and behold... the three tuners were there! I clicked upon each and selected, I think, the correct Comcast option as my line up and then scanned to collect the listings... it found 206 and about half have green checkmarks... fine, everything looked good but nothing shows. No Signal on every channel.

I know I'm close, but now I'm lost on what to do next.
Someone please give me some ideas.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUp View Post
I know I'm close, but now I'm lost on what to do next.
Someone please give me some ideas.
Open up SageDCT Config - and under the "Settings" tab - make sure the box next to "Auto Reset:" is checked. This is what got me rolling let me know if that helps or if it was already set!

Thanks!

Shane
Server Hardware: 34TB Total using Custom Intel Q6600, 20tb storage w/ 3ware SATA2 RAID, bluray R/W, 3x hd300 clients, 5xhd200 clients, HDHR Prime 6, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1010+ NAS, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1511+ NAS Server Software: Win 7 64bit w/ SageTV 7.1.9
Primary Workstation: Custom AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 6xCore 2.81Ghz, Asus Crosshair IV, 8GB DDR3, 1xCorsair 128GB SSD for OS, 4x WD Velociraptor 300gb HDD, 2xATI Eyefinity 6 Edition GPU's w/ CrossFireX - connected to 6x20" LCD, 1500w PSU
Old 09-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Also I set the reset timeout on that same "Settings" tab in SageDCT to 5 to lessen the time it takes for channel tuning / changes.
Server Hardware: 34TB Total using Custom Intel Q6600, 20tb storage w/ 3ware SATA2 RAID, bluray R/W, 3x hd300 clients, 5xhd200 clients, HDHR Prime 6, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1010+ NAS, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1511+ NAS Server Software: Win 7 64bit w/ SageTV 7.1.9
Primary Workstation: Custom AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 6xCore 2.81Ghz, Asus Crosshair IV, 8GB DDR3, 1xCorsair 128GB SSD for OS, 4x WD Velociraptor 300gb HDD, 2xATI Eyefinity 6 Edition GPU's w/ CrossFireX - connected to 6x20" LCD, 1500w PSU
Old 09-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Sage User

Thanks, yes... I set those too.

yep, did both as suggested. I notice has my local host and ip in the encode text... shouldn't that be the hdhomerun ip?
Old 09-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Sage User

Example:

Each shows this now:

Source: SageDCR-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 1310670F-0 on 127.0.0.1:6970 Digital TV Tuner
Functioning: true
Network Encoder: true
Currently Being Used for Live TV: false
Input Type: Digial TV Tuner
RF Channel: N/A
Cable/Antenna: Cable
EPG Lineup: Comcast Derry - Salem
Tuner Control: N/A
Broadcase Standard:

Well, the port number increments but otherwise all are like this.

Last edited by MrUp; 09-03-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUp View Post
yep, did both as suggested. I notice has my local host and ip in the encode text... shouldn't that be the hdhomerun ip?
Nope - basically the SageDCT acts as the conduit between your HDHR and SageTV, so SageTV needs to point to your localhost (as long as thats where your SageDCT and SageTV Server are running)..

SageDCT then does all the communication to the HDHR..

The next step is to take a look at how your SageTV is setup.. What is your SageTV configured to use to store TV Recordings? C:\(something) or \\(something) ?

Also is your SageTV server running as a service?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Sage Expert

Live TV no sound about 5% of the time

every once an a while, I get no sound when changing channels. I have not found this to be in recordings yet but I just installed it yesterday. Anyone else experience it?

Also, I have not experienced any failures in the last 24 hours for about 10 recordings. I will let you know on that too.

Thanks.

2.0 SageDCT
Latest beta HDHR. 20111025?
Server: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz, 1333FSB), Asus P5B Deluxe MB w/Gb LAN, 4GB AData RAM, WHS, PVR-500 (NTSCx2), HDHomeRun x2 (4 QAM), HDPVR x2, 6.7 TB data pool, Comskip/SJQv3, HD200x3, SD-MVPx2
Old 10-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Best Cable card solution for Sage

So I came home from work today and I obviously missed the flyer was Comcast that they were about to give Denver the shaft because all channels are encrypted now. So I'm down to one analog tuner running through one of their DTAs.

I tried doing a OTA antenna once but was not getting very cool signal strengths. Possibly because of the big highway wall between me and the mountain where they have most of the antennas so I guess I may look at going the cable card route. I start reading through the forums again but I thought I'd ask the question.

Which do you think is the best cable card solution people have gotten to work with Sage. I know its not supported but thanks to Google the whole thing is not officially supported anymore except for the excellent peer support here.

Thanks

Rob
Old 10-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Sage Icon

HDHR Prime
Old 04-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I'm coming late to the game, but I just reformatted my Sage PC and put on Win7 32-bit and SageTV. I want to add the HDHR Prime to my mix of tuners with SageDCT. Is there an up-to-date guide?
Others: Sage Client & Placeshifter
Old 04-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

This post here is still pretty accurate I believe:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1360

If you are on Win7 and using the Windows firewall, I do not know if you need to alter the ports or such. I think this is done automagically by SageDCT.

If you are using an alternate firewall, my post here describes which other ports to open:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...012#post562012

Server: SageTV 9.2.2x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA 1030 GT to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient, 2 PCs
Old 04-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Cool, thanks.

Now I just need to discern if there is any advantage to SageDCT over my Hauppauge HD PVR.
Others: Sage Client & Placeshifter
Old 04-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Sweet mother ... I run each configuration, one on one system (HD-PVR), and one on the other (SageDCT). If your cable company doesn't copy flag nearly all channels, the only reason I can see anyone wanting to use an HD-PVR is for specific channels that are copy flagged. Otherwise it's simple, SageDCT is the correct answer.

This guide is good:

http://missingremote.com/guide/saged...guration-guide
Old 05-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Sage User

WHS v1 and "No Signal" w/ SageDCT

Has anyone had success with SageDCT, HDHR Prime (with Cablecard) and Comcast on WHS v1? I was successfully running that combo until recently when the "No Signal" incidents have increased to the point where I had to do something about it. I upgraded SageTV, SageDCT and the HDHR firmware. When I use the SageDCT Dump capture method, I now always get the "No Signal" message on the "major network" channels but not on the "upper" channels. When I select the Ffmpeg capture method, I get "No Signal" on ALL channels. I'd like to get Ffmpeg working since, from what I've read, that will fix the "No Signal" issues on the clear QAM channels. Here are the specifics:

SageTV 7.1.9 using
WHS version 1 (the one based on Server 2003)
SageDCT 2.7.0.2 (donor version)
HDHR Prime Model: HDHR3-CC Firmware version 20140121 with Motorola Cablecard
Comcast Digital Preferred (no Premium channels)

- I did the HDHR channel scans on all 3 tuners
- I added the entries to the SageTV properties file generated by SageDCT, using the IP address of the SageTV server instead of the localhost option.
- I added Windows firewall exceptions for the tuner ports.
- I use a local file name for the SageTV files: D:\shares\SageTV
- I configured the video sources in SageTV
- I applied a different LibFfmpegMux.dll in the c:\Program Files\babgvant.com\SageDCT directory based on comments from Andy on this forum (below) and on the babgvant site:
"Are you using an XP based OS? If so try replacing LibFfmpegMux.dll with this one. http://babgvant.com/downloads/sagedc...fmpegMuxXP.zip "
- I also installed the Virtual Studio 2012 runtime (C++ redistributables) based on another comment on the babgvant site

The last two steps I did after the earlier steps were not successful.

When I use the Ffmpeg capture method, the error I'm getting in the SageDCT log is: Error starting FfmpegRtpWriter: Unable to load DLL 'LibFfmpegMux.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)