SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Mac Edition

Notices

SageTV Mac Edition Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Mac edition. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Mac edition should be posted here.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Sage User

SageTV Client can't disable SAP audio

I'm having a problem with SageTV Client on the Mac where it randomly decides to select the SAP Audio on Live or Recorded shows. The same live show, or the same recorded file, will play with the correct English audio on the Windows based SageTV MC acting as a server. It's weird that it also occurs on recorded shows, and that the problem does not present itself on the windows side, even with the same files.

I've edited the sage.properties file on both machines so that:

mmc/feature_mask_disable=8

And i've confirmed that this setting is maintained between restarts. What else can I look at to prevent this from happening, because it's maddening.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Sage User

I've been looking into this a little more, and it seems that SageTV is recording two audio tracks in each show, AC3 in 5.1 surround and AC3 in Stereo.

I assume the Stereo track is the SAP audio and it is automatically selecting the Stereo track instead of the 5.1 surround. Is this because i'm only using built in speakers on my laptop? Is there a way to force it to choose the 5.1 track?
Old 01-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Sage User

Okay, it gets weirder. It's not only selecting SAP, it's choosing a fullscreen format instead of the HD widescreen.

Watching Two and a Half Men on CW, OTA ATSC through a Hauppage Win1600.

The first episode of Two and a Half Men is in English, Widescreen HD. The second episode, immediately following the first on the same channel, starts in the same widescreen format, stutters, stops, switches to fullscreen video and Spanish SAP audio.

The same happens with Family Guy, 1st episode is fine, second episode chooses SAP.

How can this be happening? Is it something to do with the setting for Tuning the Channel at the beginning of every recording? Should I just turn that off?
Old 01-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, that is wierd. What are you using to record the shows with. An analog tuner, or are you capturing the digital stream?

Maybe after the show has been recorded, try playing the recording through another media player and see if the formatting is correct and the sound correct. I'd also say to run it through g-spot to see what it says about the video, but thats for windows, not mac. Maybe mplayer and see what that does.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I get the same problem. Mostly with 2.5 Men too. This is the first time I've looked into the problem. Is mmc/feature_mask_disable=8 supposed to fix it? I'll give it a try.