SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,798
Sort By Recent Activity Vs Sort by Original

One if the sorts I really miss from the Default STV Is to be able to sort group titles by Original air date descending. This truly gives me the most recent airings... as opposed to Recent by Activity which gives me reruns or anything recently recorded at the top.

I tried sorting the groups by Original airdate but all it does is sort by alpha title. This works great using the default STV.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 AM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,562
Can you provide a little more info around the settings you are using... which View are you using, and what Presentation Groupings/Sorts are you trying to use.

Thanks
k
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Can you provide a little more info around the settings you are using... which View are you using, and what Presentation Groupings/Sorts are you trying to use.

Thanks
k
I am using the Sage Flow. Grouped by Title sort by Recent Activity sort order descending.... that gives me the most recent recordings even reruns at the top that works as expected.

If I change the sort to Original Airdate descending .. all it does is sort by title in reverse order.

In the default STV it puts the group with the most recent original air date at the top. This comes in handy when people in my household record a lot of reruns they are pushed to the bottom of my list.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,562
Which of the TV views are you using? Look in the options in the flow next to View:

k
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-19-2012, 03:24 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,798
Recorded TV

Screen Attached as you can see it sorts it title reverse order.

The Default STV works fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg origairview.jpg (193.5 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg origairdefault.jpg (271.4 KB, 245 views)
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-19-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,562
I checked with Stuckless as the Group/Sort functions are all from the phoenix core and the solution you are looking for is the Sort By "Recent Activity" rather than Original Air Date... it uses OAD but has been specifically coded to handle the sorting of the main group.

k
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:03 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I checked with Stuckless as the Group/Sort functions are all from the phoenix core and the solution you are looking for is the Sort By "Recent Activity" rather than Original Air Date... it uses OAD but has been specifically coded to handle the sorting of the main group.

k
Ok Recent Activity does not do what I want so I will use the default for that View sort on OAD. Recent Activity does not appear to sort on OAD in group it simply sorts on date recorded. So it put reruns above first runs if the rerun is recently recorded not what the default does on OAD.

Thanks ... I thought I was doing something wrong.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-19-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 AM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Ok Recent Activity does not do what I want so I will use the default for that View sort on OAD. Recent Activity does not appear to sort on OAD in group it simply sorts on date recorded. So it put reruns above first runs if the rerun is recently recorded not what the default does on OAD.

Thanks ... I thought I was doing something wrong.
That is correct... The Recent Activity sorter, while smart enough to look into child folders, does sort based on the recorded time.

The Original Air Date Sorter, while sorting on the original air date, is not smart enough to look into sub folders when folders are in the list.

Personally, I think the original air date folder should look into sub folders, and might end up changing that sorter to do this at some point.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-24-2012, 03:17 AM
OferL OferL is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
That is correct... The Recent Activity sorter, while smart enough to look into child folders, does sort based on the recorded time.

The Original Air Date Sorter, while sorting on the original air date, is not smart enough to look into sub folders when folders are in the list.

Personally, I think the original air date folder should look into sub folders, and might end up changing that sorter to do this at some point.
I would join the op and ask for the same. Whenever you could...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-24-2012, 04:54 PM
mdnttoker mdnttoker is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 446
yo tambien
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 AM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,798
Any news on this ... this is the main reason why I stopped using Gemstone.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SateTV 7 sort Folder entries by Original Air Date? joe123 SageTV Software 2 11-30-2010 10:12 PM
Feature Request: Sort by Original Air Date rerooks SageTV Software 6 10-15-2009 04:35 PM
Sort MediaFile List by Most Recent First? MeInMaui SageTV Studio 2 09-06-2008 02:47 PM
Sort series by original air date? eobiont SageTV Customizations 2 07-07-2007 05:45 AM
Sort of try before you buy jhh SageTV Linux 6 02-15-2006 10:26 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.