SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Sage User

Series and season premiers

With new fall episodes starting soon, I thought I'd search through the listings to see if any new TV shows looked interesting enough to add to my Favorites. In Sage 6.x this was fairly simple, since there was a search category specifically for Series Premiers as well as a separate for Season Premiers. However, I can't seem to find similar functionality within the Sage 7.x betas. (I do see other categories such as Movies, Sports, Action, etc.) Is the season/series premier search function available in SageTV 7.x?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm pretty sure that's a SageMC feature you're remembering, not a feature of the V6 stock UI.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Simply go to the Search menu, choose the "TV" and "all fields" search types, then search for "season premiere", "series premiere", etc. Or, just start typing while on the Main Menu, select Search Now in the text entry dialog, then choose the search type. Above the search results, choose "View All N Results".

Also, the hidden features set has a whole menu devoted to these types of airings -- from the Main Menu, choose TV -> Custom Menus -> Premiers, Finales, Specials.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage User

Ahh...enabling the "hidden extras" did it. I must have had them enabled in 6.x but didn't actually enable in 7.x. Just enabled, and now it's like I remembered. Thanks Andy!