SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugin: Sage Recording Extender 4 (SREv4)

This is more of a preview/warning for those who may be considering an SREv3 only license. Please be aware that I am actively developing SREv4. No release date is available, but I'm aiming for "before Christmas holidays."

What's new?
  • A complete rewrite of the monitoring engine (and the reason for a new major point release)
  • New: Support for monitoring of "live" events only
  • New: Allow active monitors to have overrides added/removed/modified even while the recording is in progress

Planned, but not started and may not make it to v4:
  • Integration of the web UI into the web server plugin

Lost features:
  • The current SRE STVi will not work without an update from tmiranda

It is early - I don't even have a build of v4 running on my test server yet and I'm really not that close, but felt this was worth a post in case there are some who are considering an SREv3 license since it will not work with v4 - as per my project's policy. I don't want people upset if they buy a v3 license today only to have it invalidated within a few weeks to a couple months. This is that warning.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

Do you have any plans to support moving recordings scheduled after live sports to compensate for overruns? For example, CBS never allows enough time for NFL Football on Sunday night, and all shows scheduled after football are typically delayed 30 or more minutes. Having a way to dynamically shift those recordings would be nice..

Drew
Client: HD300, HD100
Old 10-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

I too would like to see this feature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewg View Post
Do you have any plans to support moving recordings scheduled after live sports to compensate for overruns? For example, CBS never allows enough time for NFL Football on Sunday night, and all shows scheduled after football are typically delayed 30 or more minutes. Having a way to dynamically shift those recordings would be nice..

Drew
Old 10-28-2011, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon View Post
Sorry, this feature is just not as easy as it sounds to implement. I've discussed the reasons why I don't attempt this feature here.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Sorry, this feature is just not as easy as it sounds to implement. I've discussed the reasons why I don't attempt this feature here.
With that said, I am considering implementing a modification of this request as discussed here. Instead of trying to identify and extend recordings affected by sports run overs, I'm going to identify those recordings and try to reschedule them for a future airing.

So if your recording schedule is set to record 60 Minutes on CBS Sunday at 19:00 ET, but NFL Football is airing in front of it, SREv4 would identify that football precedes 60 Minutes and will look for another airing of 60 Minutes in the future and choose to record it instead. In this case, it would look for the airing on a west coast feed of CBS (for satellite/cable users), if it were available. If not, then SRE would do nothing and just leave the schedule as it is. Probably of no use to OTA/basic cable only users, but should help for satellite/digital cable users who have access to multiple time zone feeds of network stations.

Even this approach isn't as easy as it sounds to implement and may not make it to SREv4 depending on how testing goes.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

I read that post, and I see what you mean. Since I'm an OTA user, your proposed solution would not be helpful to me, though I can see its merit for Sat viewers.

It seems like EIT might actually be helpful here. I wonder if the EIT data correctly reflects the schedule when the NFL overruns...?

Drew
Client: HD300, HD100