SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Sage User

HAUPPAUGE HD PVR... HELP!!!

I have been trying to get SageTV to work with my Hauppauge HD PVR for a little over two weeks now, with no success. I have had multiple problems which may or may not be related.... hopefully someone can direct me.
My system is perfectly capable of handling everything as I am using....
3GB RAM, Nvidia 9800 GX2, and AMD 6400+ x2 processor
... all drivers are the most recent

I have tried running this on both Vista 32 and 64

Problem 1... For some reason I need to have BeyondTV installed for Sage to play video! I have had other codecs and Arcsoft TME (which is bundled with the pvr)installed and that doesn't help. BeyondTV is not launched in any way, shape or form at any time.

Problem 2... I have my skip forward set to 30 seconds and my skip back set to 10 seconds but somehow I can skip forward once and then skip back once and end up where I started. Sometimes I can even skip forward twice and back once and it still ends up where I started.

Problem 3.... When I am playing back recordings I can never make it through a full show without a BSOD or the video freezing up and the audio turning into a constant high pitch tone

This has been so frustrating! I am at the point where I need someone who has this setup working (preferably on Vista 64) to give me step by step instructions on setting it up and the settings they have in SageTV.