SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1941  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:53 PM
rmiller's Avatar
rmiller rmiller is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 39
I recently installed OpenDCT and I am unable to tune to any channels.

I verified that the tuners are found within the "Setup Video Sources", yet when I tune a channel, I just get a black screen.

In reviewing my log, I see the following:
pri=3;type=1100;time=1491274994831;msg=The device input "DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131866DF-1 on 127.0.0.1:9000 Digital TV Tuner" stopped producing data while recording "24: Legacy" on KTXLDT on physical channel 708. SageTV will try to reset the device. This may be caused by a channel that is no longer available.;end=1491277380481;rep=33;VCaptureDeviceInput=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131866DF-1 on 127.0.0.1:9000 Digital TV Tuner;VCaptureDevice=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131866DF-1 on 127.0.0.1:9000;VPhysicalChannel=708;VChannelName=KTXLDT;VAiringID=478126;VTitle=24: Legacy;

I am currently running SageTV 7 on Windows with a HD HomeRun using a CableCARD. Video works just fine within the HD Homerun app.

Any recommendations?

Forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere, I searched through the forums and Google for quite a long time and couldn't find anything helpful.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #1942  
Old 04-03-2017, 10:21 PM
EnterNoEscape's Avatar
EnterNoEscape EnterNoEscape is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmiller View Post
I recently installed OpenDCT and I am unable to tune to any channels.

I verified that the tuners are found within the "Setup Video Sources", yet when I tune a channel, I just get a black screen.

In reviewing my log, I see the following:
pri=3;type=1100;time=1491274994831;msg=The device input "DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131866DF-1 on 127.0.0.1:9000 Digital TV Tuner" stopped producing data while recording "24: Legacy" on KTXLDT on physical channel 708. SageTV will try to reset the device. This may be caused by a channel that is no longer available.;end=1491277380481;rep=33;VCaptureDeviceInput=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131866DF-1 on 127.0.0.1:9000 Digital TV Tuner;VCaptureDevice=DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131866DF-1 on 127.0.0.1:9000;VPhysicalChannel=708;VChannelName=KTXLDT;VAiringID=478126;VTitle=24: Legacy;

I am currently running SageTV 7 on Windows with a HD HomeRun using a CableCARD. Video works just fine within the HD Homerun app.

Any recommendations?

Forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere, I searched through the forums and Google for quite a long time and couldn't find anything helpful.

Thanks!
The logs from the OpenDCT side of things would be the most helpful, but the answer will likely be either the channels are copy protected or you need to upgrade the HDHomeRun firmware.
__________________
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Reply With Quote
  #1943  
Old 04-04-2017, 11:01 AM
BobbyDing's Avatar
BobbyDing BobbyDing is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central-West Florida
Posts: 467
I'm beginning to experiment with the tuner pooling feature on openDCT. I've been looking though the info available info and I have a question. What would the effect be if I set "sagetv.device.-xxxxx.encoder_pool=" for two hdhr connect devices (4 tuners) in the opendct.properties to the same name (such as atsc_west) instead of the default names of atsc_[ID]?

Thanks!
__________________
Athlon II Quad Core 3Ghz, 8GB Ram. 12GB Storage. 3 (x4) HDHR for OTA Across 2 Cities, HD200, 2x HD300.
Reply With Quote
  #1944  
Old 04-04-2017, 02:47 PM
EnterNoEscape's Avatar
EnterNoEscape EnterNoEscape is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
I'm beginning to experiment with the tuner pooling feature on openDCT. I've been looking though the info available info and I have a question. What would the effect be if I set "sagetv.device.-xxxxx.encoder_pool=" for two hdhr connect devices (4 tuners) in the opendct.properties to the same name (such as atsc_west) instead of the default names of atsc_[ID]?

Thanks!
They automatically pool based on having the same pool name. It doesn't matter much what you name the pool so long as the ones you want to perform as a pool have the the exact same pool name.
__________________
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Reply With Quote
  #1945  
Old 04-04-2017, 10:10 PM
makutaku makutaku is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 59
Post Poison pill

I believe I've found a bug:

If OpenDCT encounters a channel with COPY_NEVER flag, it will get stuck on "Capture device is was already locked" indefinitely. So, if intelligent recorder happens to try a strange channel (that I should have disabled), nothing else will record until OpenDCT is restarted. (Or until I verify each one of the hundreds of channels in the line up ... )

Here's the relevant log:

Code:
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl - FFmpeg Transcoder consumer thread is now running.
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegStreamDetection - Before avformat_find_stream_info() pos=18424 bytes_read=18424 seek_count=0. probesize: 165628 analyzeduration: 2000000.
[SageTVTuningMonitor-56] INFO SageTVTuningMonitor - The capture device has reported that the tuned channel is COPY_NEVER, stopping monitoring immediately.
[SageTVTuningMonitor-56] INFO BasicCaptureDevice - Displaying message in place of the recording '/var/media/tv/BlackChristmas-32028877-0.ts'
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegStreamDetection - After avformat_find_stream_info() pos=0 bytes_read=411908 seek_count=2. probesize: 165628 analyzeduration: 2000000.
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegStreamDetection - current container duration = 0.0 seconds
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegStreamDetection - avformat_find_stream_info() failed with error code 541478725. Trying again with more data.
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl - Unable to detect any video.
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl - FFmpeg Transcoder consumer thread stopped.
[NIORTPProducerImpl-746:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO NIORTPProducerImpl - High transfer latency detected. Double buffer enabled. 10ms
[SageTVRequestHandler-758:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO HDHRNativeCaptureDevice - Capture device is was already locked.
[SageTVRequestHandler-762:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-0] INFO HDHRNativeCaptureDevice - Capture device is was already locked.
[SageTVRequestHandler-768:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-1] INFO HDHRNativeCaptureDevice - Capture device is was already locked.
Reply With Quote
  #1946  
Old 04-05-2017, 02:32 PM
EnterNoEscape's Avatar
EnterNoEscape EnterNoEscape is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by makutaku View Post
I believe I've found a bug:

If OpenDCT encounters a channel with COPY_NEVER flag, it will get stuck on "Capture device is was already locked" indefinitely. So, if intelligent recorder happens to try a strange channel (that I should have disabled), nothing else will record until OpenDCT is restarted. (Or until I verify each one of the hundreds of channels in the line up ... )

Here's the relevant log:

Code:
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl - FFmpeg Transcoder consumer thread is now running.
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegStreamDetection - Before avformat_find_stream_info() pos=18424 bytes_read=18424 seek_count=0. probesize: 165628 analyzeduration: 2000000.
[SageTVTuningMonitor-56] INFO SageTVTuningMonitor - The capture device has reported that the tuned channel is COPY_NEVER, stopping monitoring immediately.
[SageTVTuningMonitor-56] INFO BasicCaptureDevice - Displaying message in place of the recording '/var/media/tv/BlackChristmas-32028877-0.ts'
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegStreamDetection - After avformat_find_stream_info() pos=0 bytes_read=411908 seek_count=2. probesize: 165628 analyzeduration: 2000000.
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegStreamDetection - current container duration = 0.0 seconds
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegStreamDetection - avformat_find_stream_info() failed with error code 541478725. Trying again with more data.
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegContext - Returning AVERROR_EOF in readCallback.call()
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl - Unable to detect any video.
[FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl-749:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl - FFmpeg Transcoder consumer thread stopped.
[NIORTPProducerImpl-746:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO NIORTPProducerImpl - High transfer latency detected. Double buffer enabled. 10ms
[SageTVRequestHandler-758:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-2] INFO HDHRNativeCaptureDevice - Capture device is was already locked.
[SageTVRequestHandler-762:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-0] INFO HDHRNativeCaptureDevice - Capture device is was already locked.
[SageTVRequestHandler-768:DCT-HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13258B6F-1] INFO HDHRNativeCaptureDevice - Capture device is was already locked.
I believe it's getting hung up writing out that file. It's one of the only logical explanations. Try changing error_videos_enabled=true to error_videos_enabled=false. It would have helped to have the time stamps in your post, but if it's hung up on the file, that would cause everyone else to pile up. The file writing was expected to be a fast thing and there wasn't a lot of consideration for what would happen if writing the file out hung things up. I know how to fix this, but I want to make sure I'm correctly understanding the problem.

Edit: The proposed fix will work, but not for the explained reason. I believe I made an error when implementing support for the media server for writing out error files and it will cause a deadlock. Basically we need a write lock to stop the consumer and we acquired a read lock to write out the error message. Before we didn't need to stop the consumer because it wasn't going to write to the file anyway. We do however need to close the media server connection if it's open so that we don't confuse SageTV, but I missed the part where that would acquire a write lock. I made changes and verified that they fix the problem. I'll post a new version soon because this is kind of a nasty problem to run into.
__________________
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 04-05-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1947  
Old 04-05-2017, 05:01 PM
EnterNoEscape's Avatar
EnterNoEscape EnterNoEscape is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,508
OpenDCT 0.5.27-Stable


  • Normalized how bytes streamed are handled between consumers.
  • Adjusted the default minimum bytes to stream via the SageTV media server to lower values (64k). This makes the transfers less efficient, but it also makes OpenDCT appear more responsive to SageTV.
  • The media server (upload ID) is now enabled by default.
  • Added single attempt connection failure recovery when the program is unexpectedly disconnected from media server for FFmpeg and raw. This cannot be done for the media server remuxer because it would result in an overwrite of the previously written stream data.
  • Made error messages asynchronous to the monitoring thread so they cannot monopolize the monitoring lock if they get stuck.
  • Fixed lock acquisition ordering when using the media server and an error message is to be written. We were going from read to write without releasing the read which caused a deadlock. Now we start with a write and transition to a read which is allowed.
__________________
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Reply With Quote
  #1948  
Old 04-06-2017, 12:38 AM
makutaku makutaku is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 59
Thank you! The latest version is working great so far!

I even tried a copy_never channel and nothing strange happened - it continued recording the others normally.
Reply With Quote
  #1949  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:14 AM
AlphaCrew AlphaCrew is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Whosevile
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoful View Post
I can't believe I haven't seen this before. I've been running SageDCT for a few years. How's the stability of OpenDCT versus SageDCT?
As long as you don't have a Ceton Infinity4 you should be OK. I had such high hopes for OpenDCT, but it looks like it's not going to work for me.

There doesn't seem to be a solution atm for a communication problem between OpenDCT and the Infinity4. I'm constantly getting "Missed Recording Due to Conflict". Some sort of timing issue from any sleep state.

@EnterNoEscape
Would I be able to move back to SageDCT now that I've upgraded to V9 and Schedule Direct?
Reply With Quote
  #1950  
Old 04-06-2017, 07:23 AM
KarylFStein KarylFStein is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Westland, Michigan, USA
Posts: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
As long as you don't have a Ceton Infinity4 you should be OK. I had such high hopes for OpenDCT, but it looks like it's not going to work for me.

There doesn't seem to be a solution atm for a communication problem between OpenDCT and the Infinity4. I'm constantly getting "Missed Recording Due to Conflict". Some sort of timing issue from any sleep state.

@EnterNoEscape
Would I be able to move back to SageDCT now that I've upgraded to V9 and Schedule Direct?
I ran an InfiniTV4 for a while and didn't have this problem. (Now running the 6 tuner model, still PCIe.) But I also run my server 24/7, so no resuming from sleep.
__________________
Home Network: https://karylstein.com/technology.html
Reply With Quote
  #1951  
Old 04-06-2017, 02:08 PM
EnterNoEscape's Avatar
EnterNoEscape EnterNoEscape is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
As long as you don't have a Ceton Infinity4 you should be OK. I had such high hopes for OpenDCT, but it looks like it's not going to work for me.

There doesn't seem to be a solution atm for a communication problem between OpenDCT and the Infinity4. I'm constantly getting "Missed Recording Due to Conflict". Some sort of timing issue from any sleep state.

@EnterNoEscape
Would I be able to move back to SageDCT now that I've upgraded to V9 and Schedule Direct?
Based on the behavior I have observed in your logs I really don't understand how SageDCT even starts to communicate with the InfiniTV 4 coming out of standby. I've never trusted standby on anything I consider a server, but that's besides the point. There's no reason why you couldn't use SageDCT again on v9.
__________________
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Reply With Quote
  #1952  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:25 PM
AlphaCrew AlphaCrew is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Whosevile
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Based on the behavior I have observed in your logs I really don't understand how SageDCT even starts to communicate with the InfiniTV 4 coming out of standby. I've never trusted standby on anything I consider a server, but that's besides the point. There's no reason why you couldn't use SageDCT again on v9.

Not sure, but I can definitely say I did not have this problem with SageDCT, it just 'worked'. That said it was not as efficient as OpenDCT, so it consumed more system resources.

This is not a server, it's only purpose in life it to record TV shows, cut the commercial and hand them over to my main server storage. It doesn't do anything else so it make no sense to keep it running 24/7.

I just checked, and it seems that box was running hybrid sleep again, so I switched it back to 'standard', but If I'm not mistaken it fails on any sleep state..

I think the difference is OpenDCT may pool the turners on system resume, while SageDCT just expected them to be there. Since this 'checking' fails in a timely manor, it causes the scheduling system to kick in and reschedule the show as a 'conflict' because there are no turners detected. Even if I start the computer 20 min ahead of any show, OpenDCT still fails.

I'm sure you know the details but OpenDCT is doing some type of 'checking' where I don't think SageDCT did.

Of course all this is just conjecture..
Reply With Quote
  #1953  
Old 04-07-2017, 06:03 AM
EnterNoEscape's Avatar
EnterNoEscape EnterNoEscape is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
Not sure, but I can definitely say I did not have this problem with SageDCT, it just 'worked'. That said it was not as efficient as OpenDCT, so it consumed more system resources.

This is not a server, it's only purpose in life it to record TV shows, cut the commercial and hand them over to my main server storage. It doesn't do anything else so it make no sense to keep it running 24/7.

I just checked, and it seems that box was running hybrid sleep again, so I switched it back to 'standard', but If I'm not mistaken it fails on any sleep state..

I think the difference is OpenDCT may pool the turners on system resume, while SageDCT just expected them to be there. Since this 'checking' fails in a timely manor, it causes the scheduling system to kick in and reschedule the show as a 'conflict' because there are no turners detected. Even if I start the computer 20 min ahead of any show, OpenDCT still fails.

I'm sure you know the details but OpenDCT is doing some type of 'checking' where I don't think SageDCT did.

Of course all this is just conjecture..
The latest versions of OpenDCT don't actually unload the tuners when going into standby, but it still waits for the network adapters to become available before it starts listening for requests. I could add an option to skip that wait completely for you if you're willing to test it.
__________________
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Reply With Quote
  #1954  
Old 04-07-2017, 06:09 AM
NetworkGuy NetworkGuy is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 667
When I was using SageDCT, it also "just worked". As long as I only recorded 4 items at a time. When I tried to record 5, it would not have enough system resources and I would miss some of the records, or they would have gaps. I was always checking to ensure only 4 shows at a time were being recorded.

Since switching to OpenDCT last year, I have had approximately 3 problems:
  1. Bad coax cable to the HDHomeRun Tuner
  2. Undiscovered condition not handled properly by OpenDCT
  3. Priority conflict issue

In all three cases, the support I received with OpenDCT was fantastic. Since SageDCT was not supported, I was on my own.

In the long run, I would stick with OpenDCT to get it working.
__________________
Server: Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @3.00GHz; 8GB (2 x 4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz; 3-1TB WD Blue SATA 6.0Gb/s 64 MB Cache 7200RPM HDD; Windows 7; SageTV 9
Tuner: (2) HDHomeRun Prime
Client: HD300; Onkyo TX-SR607; Sony XBR-65X850D
Client: HD300; Samsung UN46B7000
Client: Nexus Player / Mini-Client; Sony KDL-32L4000
Client: SageTV Placeshifter 7
Client: SageTV Client 9
Reply With Quote
  #1955  
Old 04-07-2017, 05:20 PM
AlphaCrew AlphaCrew is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Whosevile
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
The latest versions of OpenDCT don't actually unload the tuners when going into standby, but it still waits for the network adapters to become available before it starts listening for requests. I could add an option to skip that wait completely for you if you're willing to test it.
I would absolutely be willing to try anything to continue using OpenDCT.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1956  
Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 PM
EnterNoEscape's Avatar
EnterNoEscape EnterNoEscape is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,508
OpenDCT 0.5.28-Stable


  • Added property to allow disabling network adapter checks when coming out of standby. The property is pm.network.wait_for_network_on_resume and defaults to true. Change this property to false to disable network adapter checks when resuming from standby.
__________________
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Reply With Quote
  #1957  
Old 04-08-2017, 04:57 AM
AlphaCrew AlphaCrew is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Whosevile
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post

  • Added property to allow disabling network adapter checks when coming out of standby. The property is pm.network.wait_for_network_on_resume and defaults to true. Change this property to false to disable network adapter checks when resuming from standby.
Thanks a million, I have updated and set the flag to false. Now we wait...
Reply With Quote
  #1958  
Old 04-08-2017, 09:30 AM
technazz's Avatar
technazz technazz is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Posts: 474
Pausing

Im getting pausing when im recording multiple IPTV streams. Can watch the streams at the same time on VLC without 'pausing'. I've attached the logs for you to look at.

Thanks!

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip opendtclogs.zip (382.9 KB, 13 views)
__________________
SageTV V9.xx 2 x HD300's, 2 x Nvidia Shields Running Mini Client
Reply With Quote
  #1959  
Old 04-08-2017, 10:14 AM
EnterNoEscape's Avatar
EnterNoEscape EnterNoEscape is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Im getting pausing when im recording multiple IPTV streams. Can watch the streams at the same time on VLC without 'pausing'. I've attached the logs for you to look at.

Thanks!

Chris
It looks like you're using the FFmpeg consumer on one stream and the raw consumer on the other. I recommend since the streams are already being processed by FFmpeg on the streaming side of things to use raw for everything. It looks like the consumer is getting stalled out a lot. Try evening out the thread priorities. You can do that by changing those properties to the following:

Code:
consumer.ffmpeg.thread_priority=9
consumer.media_server.thread_priority=9
consumer.raw.thread_priority=9
I believe you're already familiar with changing the consumer for a capture device since one of them is actually using the raw consumer.
__________________
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Reply With Quote
  #1960  
Old 04-08-2017, 10:33 AM
technazz's Avatar
technazz technazz is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Posts: 474
Ok made the changes so far so good thanks!

Ill see how it works over the next few days.

Chris


Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
It looks like you're using the FFmpeg consumer on one stream and the raw consumer on the other. I recommend since the streams are already being processed by FFmpeg on the streaming side of things to use raw for everything. It looks like the consumer is getting stalled out a lot. Try evening out the thread priorities. You can do that by changing those properties to the following:

Code:
consumer.ffmpeg.thread_priority=9
consumer.media_server.thread_priority=9
consumer.raw.thread_priority=9
I believe you're already familiar with changing the consumer for a capture device since one of them is actually using the raw consumer.
__________________
SageTV V9.xx 2 x HD300's, 2 x Nvidia Shields Running Mini Client
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner & SageTV nyle Hardware Support 4 02-17-2009 10:12 PM
ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner rajczi Hardware Support 4 01-14-2008 08:24 PM
ATI TV Wonder™ Digital Cable Tuner dadams Hardware Support 4 01-09-2007 10:55 AM
Digital Cable - one guide - need HD on one tuner reg tv on other Kimper SageTV Beta Test Software 14 11-27-2006 08:15 PM
Multi-tuner Digital Cable mlbdude SageTV Software 0 06-26-2003 01:08 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.