SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Actually that not true Emby dose support all the HD-PVR model just not directly supported you have to use a 3rd party app on top Emby namely NextPVR and but your still limited to Windows OS.
As far I can tell the HD-PVR does not work with the the Emby DVR. It does however seem to have a Plugin that links to a NextPVR instance that can stream Live TV.

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
As far I can tell the HD-PVR does not work with the the Emby DVR. It does however seem to have a Plugin that links to a NextPVR instance that can stream Live TV.
No not that I'm ware of, NextPVR act as a PVR backend where the Emby act as Front UI telling NextPVR when to start and when to stop recording setup schedule recording just like with few other plugin with DVBLink, DVBViwer, MediaPortal, Tvheadend, ServerWMC, Vu+ with the exception of HDHomeRun Tuners which had direct access support build in so all need is schedules direct.
NextPVR is the only one that support HD-PVR Rocket and HD-PVR 60 and where MediaPortal support HD-PVR 2 the rest are useless with any Analog Tuners.

Last edited by SHS; 01-28-2017 at 04:36 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

From Silicondust.

The approvals and certificates for handling protected content came through. The first platform to support protected channels (Live TV) will be the XBox One. Android TV platforms won't be far behind..Windows 10 Desktop support will officially enter beta with the next major update of Windows 10 (not far off). Before then it will likely be possible to play with if you have and Intel or Nvidia GPU and you purchase the Windows DVD Player app from the app store ($15). The Windows DVD Player app purchase won't be required once the Windows update is out.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
From Silicondust.

The approvals and certificates for handling protected content came through. The first platform to support protected channels (Live TV) will be the XBox One. Android TV platforms won't be far behind..Windows 10 Desktop support will officially enter beta with the next major update of Windows 10 (not far off). Before then it will likely be possible to play with if you have and Intel or Nvidia GPU and you purchase the Windows DVD Player app from the app store ($15). The Windows DVD Player app purchase won't be required once the Windows update is out.
By way got link to this nyplayer ?.

By the way nyplayer you Intel i3 is not true quad core it a dual core + dual hyper threading technology.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
By way got link to this nyplayer ?.

By the way nyplayer you Intel i3 is not true quad core it a dual core + dual hyper threading technology.
https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/...286268#p286256
Old 01-28-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
I guest I should have read that one but I pass it up thinking it was about AMD GPU any way thanks for point that out.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
From Silicondust.

It's nice to see they are making some progress. I do like options, but I still prefer my content to be 100% restriction free. I will remember this as a replacement for my WMC recording solution if that stops working for some reason or I find their software is just more reliable. I've likely invested so much time in SageTV development that it will take more than most users for me to be willing to switch to another platform.

I could probably just look it up, but I assume they don't have a concept of plugins or an API at this time, correct?
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-28-2017, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
It's nice to see they are making some progress. I do like options, but I still prefer my content to be 100% restriction free. I will remember this as a replacement for my WMC recording solution if that stops working for some reason or I find their software is just more reliable. I've likely invested so much time in SageTV development that it will take more than most users for me to be willing to switch to another platform.

I could probably just look it up, but I assume they don't have a concept of plugins or an API at this time, correct?
You cold look here I guess

https://github.com/Silicondust/documentation/wiki

I just like the Idea of replacing my Server with a WD 4TB single drive ..... and very little maintenance.... and be able to choose a client of my choosing without much hassle.... not worry about updating my server .... not worrying about running out of JVM..... not worrying whether Java update will break something. I also like that the software providers also support the hardware.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-28-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You cold look here I guess

https://github.com/Silicondust/documentation/wiki

I just like the Idea of replacing my Server with a WD 4TB single drive ..... and very little maintenance.... and be able to choose a client of my choosing without much hassle.... not worry about updating my server .... not worrying about running out of JVM..... not worrying whether Java update will break something. I also like that the software providers also support the hardware.
Thanks for the link. That didn't come up when I was looking around. It doesn't look like it has what I was looking for, but I'll watch that document to see if they add anything interesting.

All valid arguments. I like having choices.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-28-2017, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Thanks for the link. That didn't come up when I was looking around. It doesn't look like it has what I was looking for, but I'll watch that document to see if they add anything interesting.

All valid arguments. I like having choices.
Yeah mainly I am getting too old to be fiddling around just want to enjoy.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

This is a good statement.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Channels DVR

Last edited by BobbyDing; 06-29-2017 at 10:42 AM.