SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Creating Show ExternalID

I'm working on a plugin to integrate Trakt.tv with Sage. One of the things I'd like to do is if a user watches a show on some other device mark the same show as watched on Sage. In the case where that show already exists on Sage it's pretty easy. In the case where it does not exist on Sage I need to use AddShow() to add a new Show/Airing Object to the wiz.bin.

My question is how do I generate a Show ExternalID that will match any future airing of that show? (Or does show ID matter?)

For example, if a user watches Breaking Bad on Netflix I want to create a Show on Sage so that if any time in the future Breaking Bad is aired on TV the episodes marked watched on NetFlix will appear as watched on Sage.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'm working on a plugin to integrate Trakt.tv with Sage. One of the things I'd like to do is if a user watches a show on some other device mark the same show as watched on Sage. In the case where that show already exists on Sage it's pretty easy. In the case where it does not exist on Sage I need to use AddShow() to add a new Show/Airing Object to the wiz.bin.

My question is how do I generate a Show ExternalID that will match any future airing of that show? (Or does show ID matter?)

For example, if a user watches Breaking Bad on Netflix I want to create a Show on Sage so that if any time in the future Breaking Bad is aired on TV the episodes marked watched on NetFlix will appear as watched on Sage.
Personally if the show can't be found in sagetv, then I'd skip it. There won't be a reliable way for you to do this manually (ie, create the AiringID that sagetv would eventually use for that airing). Plus, it'll potentially add lots of shows and airings to the Wiz.bin, that might never originate from a recording. (ie, if I sync my netflix status to Trakt and then to Sage, then sage will get lots of shows that it would never otherwise have known about.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Personally if the show can't be found in sagetv, then I'd skip it.
That makes my life simpler.

I thought you'd want this functionality. If you don't think it's necessary then I'll skip it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That makes my life simpler.

I thought you'd want this functionality. If you don't think it's necessary then I'll skip it.
Iím guessing this sync routine will be run periodically (maybe a few times per day)? In that case if the missing episode does show up in Sageís EPG data at some time in the future, the watched status should transfer over then (and Sage will know that it doesnít need to record it since you already watched it somewhere else).
Source:
Comcast Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250
Old 10-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm thinking along the lines of Sean as well - I don't think it is a 'deal-breaker' to leave out the possible future recording of a Sage item.
I record so little anymore that tracking that portion should be fairly easy and either delete items or monitor upcoming recordings.
If the plug-in matures and the opportunity arises to include something like that, well, then that would be fine too.

Dwight
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.7.2/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 10-10-2018, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Iím guessing this sync routine will be run periodically (maybe a few times per day)? In that case if the missing episode does show up in Sageís EPG data at some time in the future, the watched status should transfer over then (and Sage will know that it doesnít need to record it since you already watched it somewhere else).
Right now the sync will run daily and will only collect data on shows that were watched since the last sync. I really do not want to have to process all the shows that were ever watched. Seems a waste of resources.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley View Post
I'm thinking along the lines of Sean as well - I don't think it is a 'deal-breaker' to leave out the possible future recording of a Sage item.
I record so little anymore that tracking that portion should be fairly easy and either delete items or monitor upcoming recordings.
If the plug-in matures and the opportunity arises to include something like that, well, then that would be fine too.

Dwight
Maybe I can think about it in another way. I can monitor Sage recordings and when one completes I can check trakt to see if it's been watched elsewhere. I'll have to think it through a little more but at first glance this seems reasonable.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Right now the sync will run daily and will only collect data on shows that were watched since the last sync. I really do not want to have to process all the shows that were ever watched. Seems a waste of resources.
Why do you say that? SageTV does something like this all the time when you add favorites or finish an EPG sync. I wouldn't think it would be a problem to check once after any EPG update or maybe we could add a way to subscribe to an event generated any time a new Show is added to Wiz.bin.

Quote:
Maybe I can think about it in another way. I can monitor Sage recordings and when one completes I can check trakt to see if it's been watched elsewhere. I'll have to think it through a little more but at first glance this seems reasonable.
The only problem here is that we just recorded a show that we didn't need to and possibly prevented another show from recording. Maybe a compromise would be to get the schedule for the next 24 hours (this has some gotchas too) and use that to reduce the scope, but still mark things watched before they potentially move recordings or cause them to not happen all together.

In a similar thought process, is there any value in marking it watched the instant it starts recording? Will that cause it to stop recording and free up the tuner?
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 10-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Why do you say that? SageTV does something like this all the time when you add favorites or finish an EPG sync. I wouldn't think it would be a problem to check once after any EPG update or maybe we could add a way to subscribe to an event generated any time a new Show is added to Wiz.bin.

The only problem here is that we just recorded a show that we didn't need to and possibly prevented another show from recording. Maybe a compromise would be to get the schedule for the next 24 hours (this has some gotchas too) and use that to reduce the scope, but still mark things watched before they potentially move recordings or cause them to not happen all together.

In a similar thought process, is there any value in marking it watched the instant it starts recording? Will that cause it to stop recording and free up the tuner?

Can you use 'GetFavoriteAirings' along with 'GetAiringStartTime' to see if any 'already watched' favorites are scheduled in the future and then mark those as watched?
Old 10-10-2018, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Can you use 'GetFavoriteAirings' along with 'GetAiringStartTime' to see if any 'already watched' favorites are scheduled in the future and then mark those as watched?
I believe that would work. If you use intelligent recordings, this approach would miss those, but I guess that's not a big deal since they can't cause you to miss a recording you wanted.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 10-11-2018, 03:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think there is a GetAiringsThatWillBeRecorded API that may be better suited.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think there is a GetAiringsThatWillBeRecorded API that may be better suited.
I hadnít looked in Global. Thereís a GetScheduledRecordings.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I hadnít looked in Global. Thereís a GetScheduledRecordings.
Yes, that's what I was thinking of.