SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Custom command to 'Browse files on the SageTV Server'

Hello all, I would like to figure out how to create a custom command to 'Browse files on the SageTV Server', so I can map it to a remote control button on the HD300 STV...

The remote has the TV, Guide, Music, Photos, and Videos buttons, but I also want to make one button to get to the SageTV File Browser.

Since I don't use the Favorites button ever, I was thinking I would unmap it and map that button to 'custom' one. The mapping part looks easy, but it seems I need to create a custom command to perform the action, then I can easily map it. Does this require SageTV Studio to do?

I pretty much watch all my content spawned through the File Browser, and it is 8 keystrokes on the remote to get to the screen where I can see my files.

To be able to press a single button on the remote to get to the File Browser would be wonderful hehe.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Good news for now, I found a UI Mod plugin called ADM - Another Dynamic Menu ...which allows me to move the 'Browse File Systems' shortcut to the main Top Level menu.

Now when HD300 connects to SageTV server, can just hit up arrow and it goes right to it and select.

That's much better, but maybe will look into how to make a custom command so I can map it on a remote button. But this is good workaround for now to save a few keystrokes.