SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-13-2019, 03:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Extra "TV Tuner" channels

Recently when I've added a new network encoder Video Source, it adds a bunch of useless "TV Tuner" channels numbered 1-158 to the lineup. These seem to correspond to the old broadcast number range but strangely they do NOT exist in the "base" SD lineup that I copied from.

Does anyone know how to prevent these from being created? My older (created pre-v9) network encoders don't have these channels but recently created network encoders do.

Or does anyone know a safe way to remove them permanently from the lineup? I know I can just disable them but I'd like to clean up the extra channels possible.

--John
Old 01-13-2019, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
Recently when I've added a new network encoder Video Source, it adds a bunch of useless "TV Tuner" channels numbered 1-158 to the lineup. These seem to correspond to the old broadcast number range but strangely they do NOT exist in the "base" SD lineup that I copied from.

Does anyone know how to prevent these from being created? My older (created pre-v9) network encoders don't have these channels but recently created network encoders do.

Or does anyone know a safe way to remove them permanently from the lineup? I know I can just disable them but I'd like to clean up the extra channels possible.

--John
Have you tried to "Remove all remapped channels" when installing a tuner from the network encoder? Not sure that will help but I found it got rid of some weird channels for me.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ooops! I tried removing the remapped channels but it removed all the channels from the BASE lineup and left the bogus "TV Tuner" channels!!!

"The lineup had 902 channels"

"After clearing remappings on 744 channels, 744 channels were removed."

"The lineup now has 158 channels."

Is this really the intended behavior when you are working with a copied channel lineup? Doesn't seem useful...

--John