SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 02-02-2022, 07:37 AM
jusjoken jusjoken is online now
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
I tried that -- no joy.
My webapps subdir was as required (a dir listing is in the zip from before).
It turns out that the Sage Web Interface that was running was an earlier version. When I deleted the subdirs in work and it loaded the updated version (4.0) -- if fails to load. Maybe I'm going to the wrong place since apps/ is not working?

I can provide an updated zip of subdir listings and fresh logs with the removed jars if it would help.

Thank you!
David
Post the JARs folder again as that is likely the culprit. The current logs/jettystarter.log file would help as well.

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 02-02-2022, 08:25 AM
davidk21770 davidk21770 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Post the JARs folder again as that is likely the culprit. The current logs/jettystarter.log file would help as well.

K
I read the startup log in more detail and saw that it lists the home page of each web app -- when I went to sage/ instead of nielm_sagewebserver/, the Sage Web Interface loads fine :-))).

The only broken piece is apps/

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip jetty.20220202_074354.zip (8.6 KB, 22 views)
__________________
HDHomeRun x2
Cable Box via Hauppauge HD PVR and USB-UIRT
2 SageTV's HD300

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 02-02-2022, 09:41 AM
jusjoken jusjoken is online now
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
I read the startup log in more detail and saw that it lists the home page of each web app -- when I went to sage/ instead of nielm_sagewebserver/, the Sage Web Interface loads fine :-))).

The only broken piece is apps/

Thank you!
One more jar to delete

core-3.1.1.jar

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 02-02-2022, 01:51 PM
davidk21770 davidk21770 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
One more jar to delete

core-3.1.1.jar

K
Joy!
Thank you.
__________________
HDHomeRun x2
Cable Box via Hauppauge HD PVR and USB-UIRT
2 SageTV's HD300

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 02-08-2022, 12:13 AM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,396
Is there any way to add additional items to the Jetty web landing page? I have my own Groovy web page that works with Jetty, but I would like to put a link on the /apps landing page.

And for some reason I am getting weird a red and blue favicon.ico file for SageX on the /apps page. It looks like a red capital B within a blue square. Am I supposed to have this?

When I copy the image link it gives me http://192.168.1.245/sagex/favicon.ico. All of my other favicons are correct, assuming that there should be an H in a green circle for the Swagger based API Docs.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 02-08-2022, 06:46 AM
jusjoken jusjoken is online now
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Is there any way to add additional items to the Jetty web landing page? I have my own Groovy web page that works with Jetty, but I would like to put a link on the /apps landing page.

And for some reason I am getting weird a red and blue favicon.ico file for SageX on the /apps page. It looks like a red capital B within a blue square. Am I supposed to have this?

When I copy the image link it gives me http://192.168.1.245/sagex/favicon.ico. All of my other favicons are correct, assuming that there should be an H in a green circle for the Swagger based API Docs.
The sagex ison issue is something I will need to look into as the correct favicon.ico file is in place in the war file so it should be loading.

The /apps application will use a default Jetty icon if it cannot load the favicon.ico file. The default is the Jetty icon which is a "J:". The swagger one you see is a "{}".

As for adding your own apps. The /apps application will show all registered web apps that Jetty has loaded. Jetty polls the jetty/webapps folder on a regular basis and will load new apps it finds and then the /apps application will display it on a refresh.

There are 2 types of webapps you can have in that folder. The common is a war file that is a standard for deploying webapps. The second option is a folder that is formatted like the inside structure of a war file (as info a war file is actually a zip file so you can rename one and unzip it to see it's contents and structure). Take a look at the apidocs folder to see how to structure a folder web app.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 02-11-2022, 03:11 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,396
I notice that the link for SRE is "/livepvrdata/events.groovy" but when I look into the livepvrdata.war file, which does about 7 sub-directories deep, I don't see a groovy file.

Does that file get built dynamically when it is called, or how does that work?

Does anyone know where the info is for Injecting your own items into the Web UI Menu? Slugger discusses it here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...postcount=1244

But the google page where it was stored is gone. I though he uploaded his stuff to Sourceforge or github, but I can't find it.

This is what is done to add SJQ to the web UI menu, if I remember correctly.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 02-11-2022, 03:25 PM
KeithAbbott KeithAbbott is online now
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Does anyone know where the info is for Injecting your own items into the Web UI Menu? Slugger discusses it here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...postcount=1244

But the google page where it was stored is gone. I though he uploaded his stuff to Sourceforge or github, but I can't find it.
From the Wayback Machine, hope it helps:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg InjectItemsIntoWebUIMenu.jpg (160.3 KB, 348 views)
__________________
Server: MSI Z270 SLI Plus ATX Motherboard, Intel i7-7700T CPU, 32GB Memory, Unraid 6.9.2, sagetvopen-sagetv-server-opendct-java11 Docker (version 2.0.6)
Tuners: 2 x SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime Cable TV Tuners, SiliconDust HDHomeRun CONNECT 4K OTA Tuner
Clients: Multiple HD300 Extenders, Multiple Fire TV Stick 4K Max w/MiniClient
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 02-11-2022, 03:45 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,396
Awesome - thanks Keith! Found the Sourceforge page here: https://sourceforge.net/p/sagetv-add...in%20Web%20UI/

I guess this leads to the question of where do you put this web.menu file? It goes into the "defined resource path of installed pulgins only". I wonder where that is? The /jetty/ folder or maybe the /webserver/ folder. I think the webserver folder. I could swear that I tried this in the past, but I don't have that file on my current servers - it must have been a previous server.

The actual code for the injected sjq menu items are in /webserver/sjq
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 02-13-2022, 07:03 AM
jusjoken jusjoken is online now
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I guess this leads to the question of where do you put this web.menu file? It goes into the "defined resource path of installed pulgins only". I wonder where that is? The /jetty/ folder or maybe the /webserver/ folder. I think the webserver folder. I could swear that I tried this in the past, but I don't have that file on my current servers - it must have been a previous server.

The actual code for the injected sjq menu items are in /webserver/sjq
The plugin manifest itself defines this resource path. The manifests are combined to form the "" file. So for SJQ the resource path is as follows...

<ResourcePath>plugins/sjq</ResourcePath>

So to find the web.menu file for SJQ look in the SageTV root folder for a folder called plugins and then in that folder for a folder called sjq.

Hope that helps.

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 02-14-2022, 10:47 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,396
I appear to be having errors with SRE. The livepvrdata SRE Jetty web page with the games generates ok, but I get the following in my sre.log:

Code:
2022-02-14 22:02:00,000 INFO : 965813/NBA Basketball: Fetching status with data: [NBA Basketball, Toronto Raptors at New Orleans Pelicans, 1644886800000]
2022-02-14 22:02:00,000 ERROR: 965813/NBA Basketball: IOError
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
	at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:224)
	at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:403)
	at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:591)
	at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:117)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:177)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:304)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:611)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:446)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.doExecute(AbstractHttpClient.java:882)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:71)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:220)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:164)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:139)
	at com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.Client.getStatus(Client.java:98)
	at com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.Client$getStatus.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.engine.MonitorTask.run(MonitorTask.groovy:110)
	at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:556)
	at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:506)
2022-02-14 22:02:00,000 WARN : 965813/NBA Basketball: Error from web service; safety measures already applied.
2022-02-14 22:02:00,000 INFO : 963500/NHL Hockey: Fetching status with data: [NHL Hockey, Toronto Maple Leafs at Seattle Kraken, 1644890400000]
2022-02-14 22:02:00,001 ERROR: 963500/NHL Hockey: IOError
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
	at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:224)
	at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:403)
	at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:591)
	at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:117)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:177)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:304)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:611)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:446)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.doExecute(AbstractHttpClient.java:882)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:71)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:220)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:164)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:139)
	at com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.Client.getStatus(Client.java:98)
	at com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.Client$getStatus.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.engine.MonitorTask.run(MonitorTask.groovy:110)
	at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:556)
	at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:506)
2022-02-14 22:02:00,001 WARN : 963500/NHL Hockey: Error from web service; safety measures already applied.
2022-02-14 22:04:00,000 INFO : 963500/NHL Hockey: Fetching status with data: [NHL Hockey, Toronto Maple Leafs at Seattle Kraken, 1644890400000]
2022-02-14 22:04:00,001 ERROR: 963500/NHL Hockey: IOError
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 02-15-2022, 06:19 AM
jusjoken jusjoken is online now
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I appear to be having errors with SRE. The livepvrdata SRE Jetty web page with the games generates ok, but I get the following in my sre.log:

Code:
2022-02-14 22:02:00,000 INFO : 965813/NBA Basketball: Fetching status with data: [NBA Basketball, Toronto Raptors at New Orleans Pelicans, 1644886800000]
2022-02-14 22:02:00,000 ERROR: 965813/NBA Basketball: IOError
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
	at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:224)
	at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:403)
	at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:591)
	at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:117)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:177)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:304)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:611)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:446)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.doExecute(AbstractHttpClient.java:882)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:71)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:220)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:164)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:139)
	at com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.Client.getStatus(Client.java:98)
	at com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.Client$getStatus.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.engine.MonitorTask.run(MonitorTask.groovy:110)
	at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:556)
	at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:506)
2022-02-14 22:02:00,000 WARN : 965813/NBA Basketball: Error from web service; safety measures already applied.
2022-02-14 22:02:00,000 INFO : 963500/NHL Hockey: Fetching status with data: [NHL Hockey, Toronto Maple Leafs at Seattle Kraken, 1644890400000]
2022-02-14 22:02:00,001 ERROR: 963500/NHL Hockey: IOError
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
	at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:224)
	at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:403)
	at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:591)
	at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:117)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:177)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:304)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:611)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:446)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.doExecute(AbstractHttpClient.java:882)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:71)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:220)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:164)
	at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:139)
	at com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.Client.getStatus(Client.java:98)
	at com.google.code.livepvrdata4j.Client$getStatus.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.engine.MonitorTask.run(MonitorTask.groovy:110)
	at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:556)
	at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:506)
2022-02-14 22:02:00,001 WARN : 963500/NHL Hockey: Error from web service; safety measures already applied.
2022-02-14 22:04:00,000 INFO : 963500/NHL Hockey: Fetching status with data: [NHL Hockey, Toronto Maple Leafs at Seattle Kraken, 1644890400000]
2022-02-14 22:04:00,001 ERROR: 963500/NHL Hockey: IOError
You may want to post this on the SRE forum as skiingwiz still maintains SRE and may understand the error.

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 02-15-2022, 07:25 AM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,396
Will do, FYI - I think this same events were recorded on my old server with the old Jetty without any issues.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-16-2022, 03:22 PM
phelme's Avatar
phelme phelme is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,128
mr. crashy-crashy here. whomever had the idea to throw away any JAR file dated before 2008 gets my sincerest thanks. that stopped my crashing!

now, for some reason I can't get the Sage Web Server to load. the apps page loads fine and it points to http://10.0.1.35:8090/sage/Home

clicking that I get the following:

Code:
HTTP ERROR 500 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter
URI:	/sage/Home
STATUS:	500
MESSAGE:	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter
SERVLET:	HomeServlet
CAUSED BY:	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter
CAUSED BY:	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.sagexmlinfo.SageXmlWriter
if I manually put in "http://10.0.1.35:8090/sage/menu.html" I get a page that looks right, but then clicking on any link in there fails. Like this one for recordings schedule:

Code:
HTTP ERROR 500 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter
URI:	/sage/RecordingSchedule
STATUS:	500
MESSAGE:	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter
SERVLET:	RecordingScheduleServlet
CAUSED BY:	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter
CAUSED BY:	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.sagexmlinfo.SageXmlWriter
I've thrown away the contents of the work folder and webapps multiple times with Sage stopped and starting again. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the web server plugin. The other webapps work, even Mobile. Just the main one wants to fail.

Any ideas?

Edit: There are some other folders in jetty: etc, static and contexts. are they still used?

I've also enclosed my jettystarter log. which I now notice has similar 500 errors.

Edit2: Ha figured it out. Did some internetting for whatever the heck SageXMLWriter was and found it was tied to nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar, a jar I had removed earlier (it's from 2010). Put it back and voila.
Attached Files
File Type: zip jettystarter.zip (4.3 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by phelme; 02-16-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 05-24-2022, 10:10 AM
brandypuff brandypuff is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Berlin, MA
Posts: 370
This is so frustrating. The WEB UI was working fine until i updated Jetty and now it can't find the URL web page. here is the jetty starter log file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt jettystarter.log.txt (11.1 KB, 10 views)
__________________
- James M -

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 05-24-2022, 07:46 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is online now
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
This is so frustrating. The WEB UI was working fine until i updated Jetty and now it can't find the URL web page. here is the jetty starter log file.
Sorry for the frustration. I reviewed the log and I do not see any issues..

What do u get when u go to...

HTTP://YOURIP:8080

You show get a list of apps.

Also, post the list of files in your jars folder.

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 05-25-2022, 01:09 PM
brandypuff brandypuff is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Berlin, MA
Posts: 370
I created a new instance of SageTV on a different computer and installed Jetty and the WEBUI plugin, etc. Then i replaced the Jetty directory on my server with this new one and now Jetty works fine. It was easier this way rather than try to figure out what to delete.
__________________
- James M -

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 05-25-2022, 02:04 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is online now
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
I created a new instance of SageTV on a different computer and installed Jetty and the WEBUI plugin, etc. Then i replaced the Jetty directory on my server with this new one and now Jetty works fine. It was easier this way rather than try to figure out what to delete.
Good to hear
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 05-26-2022, 12:56 PM
emveepee emveepee is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 395
I don't use SageTV but I do use Jetty and SRE for use with NextPVR. Are there plans to update to a newer supported version since Jetty 9 losses general support in June? It seems a shame to go through this for a unsupported server.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 05-26-2022, 05:49 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is online now
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strathmore, AB
Posts: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
I don't use SageTV but I do use Jetty and SRE for use with NextPVR. Are there plans to update to a newer supported version since Jetty 9 losses general support in June? It seems a shame to go through this for a unsupported server.
Likely. The effort and amount of change from an old jetty 6 version to jetty 9 was already a lot to take on (one thing I read said it was about 43 version equivalents given how they use versions). It also is the last Jetty version to support Java 8 so given the age of many plugins I think it was a logical step.

I will consider updating jetty after I get a few other projects completed unless someone decides to take it on.

K
__________________
If you wish to see what I am up to and support my efforts visit my Patreon page
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plugin: Jetty Web Server 2.0 jreichen SageTV v7 Customizations 389 06-19-2021 09:38 PM
Jetty Web Server (status update) stuckless SageTV Github Development 65 09-19-2016 08:34 AM
Another Jetty Web Server issue mlcarson SageTV v9 Customizations 2 09-19-2016 05:08 AM
Jetty Web Server Issue Ghildebr SageTV v9 Customizations 17 09-03-2016 09:52 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.