SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

500 + 350 - EOF?

I've been using a PVR350 for years and I've always had varying degrees of the EOF issues. I decided to add a PVR500, but if I add the 500 to 350 (for three tuners), will I still experience EOF issues on playback?

I would rather give up a tuner and completely eliminate EOF issues. Since my box is built into a wall media unit, I don't want to have to crack the case more than once to experiment, so any other experiences would be much appreciate.

Thanks!

Last edited by bhageman; 02-09-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

It is my understanding that the EOF issue comes from using the 350 as your playback device - i.e. the TV is hooked to the 350's outputs, and Sage uses the 350's hardware to decode the video.

If you hook your TV to a normal video card, I don't believe you will experience the EOF problem even if you do use a 350. If you continue using the 350 as your output device, it won't matter what other capture devices you use (500), you will still have the EOF issue.

Never having used a 350, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Sage User

I am currently running a 350 with a 500 and I am not having any problems with EOF (EOF meaning End Of File issues?)

My problem now is I have gone to Vista 64 bit and the 350 is offline until drivers become available. The 500 is basically two 150s one the same card but it works great. But in XP it was working just fine... all three tuners.

Although I am not using the TV out from either of the cards. I am using a Media MVP to view recording on my TV.

Last edited by hummedan; 02-09-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummedan
Although I am not using the TV out from either of the cards. I am using a Media MVP to view recording on my TV.
Exactly. The EOF issue is only apparent when one uses the TV-out of the 350 card. Viewing any other way (ie graphics card to monitor or TV, or via extender) won't have the issue.

Matt