SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Sage User

HD100 and WHS

Maybe I am using the wrong search terms but I haven't found anything. Will the $250 bundle with the HD100 and license allow me to install SageTV WHS edition and watch it on the HD100? Eagerly awaiting an answer so I can place my order.
-Mike
Old 06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatboy22382 View Post
Maybe I am using the wrong search terms but I haven't found anything. Will the $250 bundle with the HD100 and license allow me to install SageTV WHS edition and watch it on the HD100? Eagerly awaiting an answer so I can place my order.
-Mike
As I understand it, the SageTV Media Center license is valid on all of the different OS builds. I'm sure someone will correct me if there are exceptions (such as SageTV for Mac?).

Just download the version you want (in your case, the WHS build) and enter your key from the email they send after your purchase. In WHS, you can do it from the SageTV button on the Console. You can also enter your extender license in the same place.

I ran Sage on XP for a long time then built a WHS server. I just downloaded the WHS version and entered the same old key, which it took without complaint.

EDIT TO ADD: You've probably already done your research, but be sure to check the threads on WHS. It works great, but you'll want to keep your recording drives out of the storage pool (and formatted w/64k clusters). OTher than that, setup was pain-free for me.

Tim
Old 06-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Sage User

That's what I figured but I wanted to double check. While I don't have a tuner right now and will mainly use this for ripped dvds how hard is it to move the recorded content off non shared drives and into the storage pool?
Old 06-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatboy22382 View Post
That's what I figured but I wanted to double check. While I don't have a tuner right now and will mainly use this for ripped dvds how hard is it to move the recorded content off non shared drives and into the storage pool?
If you don't mind them showing up in your Media Library (and without meta-data) rather than your recordings list, it's simply a question of adding a shared folder (probably Videos) as a Media location in SageTV and then moving your files there.

I don't know of a way to store recordings in the pool and still have them show up in your recorded TV list (without adding the pooled location as a recording drive, of course). Maybe someone will chime in with some help.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I'm answering your question.

Tim
Old 06-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Sage User

That makes sense, Is there a way to move the files with in sage?
Old 06-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by othy View Post
As I understand it, the SageTV Media Center license is valid on all of the different OS builds.
You need a different license for the Windows, Mac, and Linux versions of SageTV.

The Windows license version can be used for any Windows install of SageTV, including the WHS version -- there is a separate WHS download on the downloads page.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.