SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage User

Comskip / client woes

I just installed comskip on both my server and client. I comskipped all my .mpg files. Comskip works fine on the server, but the client doesn't seem to see the .edl files. I understand that they both need to access the same path --

On the server, all my recordings are in "F:\TV Recordings" (and the .edl files are there also). The F drive is shared. On the client, the server's F drive is mapped to the server F, so that the client also thinks that the recordings are in "F:\TV Recordings".

Does anyone have any idea why this would not work?
Old 05-10-2008, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you import the Comskip STVI on your client? You need to import it on your clients in order for comskip to work.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Sage User

Yes, it is imported ok -- shows up in the menus.

Is it at all possible that the problem is that I am running different versions of Sage on the server and on the client -- I am running 6.2.10.152 on the server and 6.3.5.159 on the client. I am loathe to update the server since it is running so well...
Old 05-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if this is a necessity, but I use UNC names instead of drive letters and it works

\\fileserver\PVR files\Sage Recordings

I use that as the recording directory on my Sage Server(called fileserver in this example). Then the database entries are all listed as \\fileserver\PVR Files\Sage Recordings\file.mpg

Now the client can use the UNC path to get at the edl files.

Beware this doesn't work when your server is a windows box and your clients are linux or mac. (my situation).

Greg