SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

HD200 Newbie

Well, its time for me to finally get one.

I'm guessing the initial setup is as simple as can be ...just plug it into an ethernet cable (thats plugged into a LAN with a DHCP server) and ac power and follow the inital menu questions.

I do have a couple of post-install questions.

1) How easy is it to install SageMC on it? How do I install it and other addons? Do I just unzip all the files to a HD200 network file share point?

2) How do I get Slimplayer and Netflix addons to work? Both are completely irriplacable addons. I heard they require some kind of "loopback hack"? Have people gotten both of these addons to work well? I'm particularly interested in Slimserver.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Well, its time for me to finally get one.

I'm guessing the initial setup is as simple as can be ...just plug it into an ethernet cable (thats plugged into a LAN with a DHCP server) and ac power and follow the inital menu questions.

I do have a couple of post-install questions.

1) How easy is it to install SageMC on it? How do I install it and other addons? Do I just unzip all the files to a HD200 network file share point?
I can answer the first question. I just got my first one of five on Friday night. It is simple. You just plug in the power cord, ethernet cable and HDMI or component video and audio cables and follow some screen instructions. It does all the rest. No need to install SageMC again if it's already on the SageTV server.

Also, instead of turning off the HD200 after use, just turn off the TV, as I found with a Kill-O-Watt meter that the HD200 uses 7 watts whether on or off. The red and green lights are quite bright so if that bothers you (it does me as I found them annoying, especially in a master bedroom at night) just put black eletrical tape over them. You can also tape some dark clear plastic over them if you still want to see some light.

Displays: Panasonic 65" P65S2 & 50" PX77E plasmas, 19", 26" & 32" LCDs, 4 HD200s
Source: 2 HD-PVRs, Rogers Toronto SA 8300HD PVR, 4250HD firewire tuned, WHS, SageTV, Sonos 1xZP100 & 3xZP120 wireless audio, Gigabyte GA45-E45-UD3R mobo, 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo E5200 (2MB L2), Nvidia GeForce 96400GT, 120GB OS drive, 1 & 1.5 TB WD Caviar Green, Mushkin 2GB DDR2 800 SDRAM, El Cheapo case, Corsair 520HX modular Power Supply.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Cool thanks for the quick reply! I dont think its so simple for the Slimplayer and Netflix addons.. I keep hearing people talking about a loopback hack. Perhaps someone thats tried slimplayer can comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoSage View Post
I can answer the first question. I just got my first one of five on Friday night. It is simple. You just plug in the power cord, ethernet cable and HDMI or component video and audio cables and follow some screen instructions. It does all the rest. No need to install SageMC again if it's already on the SageTV server.

Also, instead of turning off the HD200 after use, just turn off the TV, as I found with a Kill-O-Watt meter that the HD200 uses 7 watts whether on or off. The red and green lights are quite bright so if that bothers you (it does me as I found them annoying, especially in a master bedroom at night) just put black eletrical tape over them. You can also tape some dark clear plastic over them if you still want to see some light.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

It's pretty much the same as the server side or a client. You just load the stv or stvi but just has to be on the server and the HD200 can see it.

I've noticed if you are connecting the HD200 for the 1st time, it will automatically load whatever is currently active on the server but don't know if because it looked at the HD100 profile or the server profile.

But you know you can mix and match, just that what I notice when I plugged both of my HD200 for the 1st time.

I have the caller id and sagemc, imove, moviescreen running on both my HD200 and my HD100 with no problems.

For netflex (which I don't have), you have to use the hack which is the svideo in a tuner card or playon program is an option but don't know if they made it work 100%. There are forum threads on both options.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!