SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-25-2004, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up Very impressed with 2.0.

I just wanted to start a thread to say thanks to the guys a Frey for getting us 2.0. I've been extremely impressed with it overall. It only took me a minute or two to get 2.0 up and running, didn't even have to rework my gml, all of the important commands all still work just like they did before. Looking foreware to playing with Studio and the newer versions.

I realize this thread won't be terribly helpful, but thought it might be nice to have a possitive thread going.

Old 01-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Sage User

me too
Old 01-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, this is a very nice lookin' thing. It's great fun watching Sage evolve.

Old 01-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Sage Expert

I know I love it!
Old 01-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

If Jeff is confident the underlying changes to the core are close to stable, then I think we are going to see a lot of usability improvements/adjustments in the next few weeks.

A lot of the things people are irritated with right now (some much requested features missing, navigation/screen issues, etc) will start appearing/be fixed in the product in a hurry if Jeff's past development is any indication.

I think a lot of the work over the last few months was likely making an extensible interface, etc (underlying core stuff). So after that is done, I anticipate seeing the 'new feature' stuff come pretty quickly.

You don't think they were just working on those new interface screens the last 4 months do you??

GOOD JOB. Looking forward to seeing this version come to fruition over the next weeks/months.

(oh, and SUBMIT YOUR BUGS testers )

Jason
Old 01-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
I'm loving it too. Thanks guys!

t
Old 01-25-2004, 02:39 PM
Sage User

I just wanted to express my gratitude and positive experience with version 2 as well! I welcome the improvements so far and look forward to the future enhancements. With the negativity that is being expressed by many, it is nice to see that there are a few that can see through the fog and accept this beta for what it is. Thanks, Frey, for allowing us to help shape and be a part of the evolution of SageTV. Keep up the good work!!

comprat
Old 01-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Sage Icon

I think it's great as well. It's been a long wait and I amsatified with the direction. Please let us know what improvements/changes are planned though. A lot of us are making suggestions and it would be helpful to know whats actually in scope for your final vision of 2.0.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

yep gotta say that i'm impressed.

only noticed 2 bugs thus far and one of them was fixed (music) the other comes when switching resolutions while sage is sleeping. switching from 920x500 to 1920x540 results in sage hanging with a black screen when you wake it.

the only other thing i'd like is better channel selection while in the livetv guide. rather than having to scroll it would be nice to input channel number to jump around.

nick.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

I love it! My wife is real excited about the Music library functions! Did you guys hide the randomization feature?
Old 01-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Sage User

keep up the hard work! In the long run it won't go unnoticed . It's not to often I can hand over money with a smile on my face but I truly think you guys work hard and deserve every penny! ~ Group hug ~
Old 01-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Sage Icon

I'm happy with it too!
Old 01-26-2004, 12:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am REALLY impressed with V 2.0...Very little in the way of major problems/issues, and so far, it has been just as stable as 1.4 for me.
I really can't wait to see all the big changes coming. V2 has been touted as an all around HTPC Front End, as well as a PVR. Something tells me that the best is yet to come!
Old 01-26-2004, 01:45 AM
Sage User

I can only agree with the positive statements above. I love the PVR-350 TV-OUT UI, which alone has made it worthwhile waiting for. And I must say, that it seems much more stable now in my setup, using the TV-OUT, which caused me a lot of grief in 1.4.
Now I'm looking very much foreward to see new features, f.ex. Power Management
Old 01-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Sage User

I have to jump in here and add my 2 cents to say that I am very impressed with Sage 2.0, as well as 1.4 (how I started out). Please keep up the great work.

Stuart
Old 01-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Me too!!!!

mikejaner