SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM

PVR 250 in use? Cannot get video!

I just bought a new PVR 250 and hooked it up to a windows XP machine. I installed the CD that came with the card and am unable to get video through the application that was bundled with it. I also purchased sagetv and installed that version 6.5 and it does not detect a device at all. I have tried the drivers that came with the PVR 250 as well as the latest beta drivers 1.5.6 and still no joy.

When I try to run the bundled video recording program or windows movie maker (just for the heck of it) they both tell me that the video capture device is in use. I can't figure out what is using it though. I have turned off sagetv service and turned off all startup programs in msconfig so nothing should be starting up with my computer. However on a fresh reboot I still get these errors.

Please help me to figure out what is using the capture card so I can get it detected with sagetv.

Thank you,