SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-31-2014, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Spinning circle when playing back TV Recordings

For the last few days, I'm seeing a spinning circle when I start to playback TV Recordings or tune into a TV channel.

One important thing to note... when I see the spinning circle, I also see an instance of SageTVTranscoder.exe sometimes actively consuming CPU.

I'm not sure why this would happen since this happens even when playing back files locally (SageTV client on the SageTV Server PC).

Does anyone know what's wrong? I already replaced the TV Recordings hard drive. I also replaced my Wiz.bin with a new one. I have more than enough RAM and unused Java heap memory.

So, what could trigger this kind of behavior? When the SageTV client has a spinning circle, the onl;y way to stop it is top restart my SageTV server.

Edit: It looks like the problem went away on its own...

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-01-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've had 2 different things cause this. One was a flaky hard drive in my library, not in my recording drives. It impacted playback of any file.
The other was the system time being off. Don't remember if it was the server not synched correctly with real time or the server and client not in synch. At any rate you can check the server time to make sure it is good.

Last edited by ranger; 08-01-2014 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the tip ranger. Although, its not happening anymore, I'll probably end up swapping out my TV Recordings HDD anyway. The disk is quite old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I've had 2 different things cause this. One was a flaky hard drive in my library, not in my recording drives. It impacted playback of any file.
The other was the system time being off. Don't remember if it was the server not synched correctly with real time or the server and client not in synch. At any rate you can check the server time to make sure it is good.

***RIP SageTV***