SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Sage User

Sudden changes in QAM lineup?

I've been messing with a PVR500 & HDHR for days now, mostly trying to get my guide set up properly. Tonight, I removed each tuner, updated HDHR drivers & firmware, then re-added all four tuners in an attempt to have different lineups for the PVR vs the HDHR (I used a Houston lineup for the PVR500, and Dallas for the HDHR). This didn't seem to work, as it still seems the DTV & STV stations got combined in the EPG. This is necessary to take control over how I watch & record, and it was my understanding that using different cities would help. What am I missing here?

Even more important, last night I had 49 QAM stations, including USA (74-101, 73-6), but today a scan yielded only 24, with the first station picked up by HDHR at 81-1 and USA is nowhere to be seen. Last night, 74-101 had a very clear picture (so I would assume a strong signal). Is it a possible coincidence and the lineup changed, or is there a reason I can't scan & find the same channels as last night?

Thanks in advance - any help would save me hours of sleep!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Sage Icon

You should not have to use different cities if you you only have the 2 different types of tuners. You should have an analog EPG for the PVR500 and a digital EPG for the HDHR.

I would not expect USA to be clear QAM. I think you may have been lucky for a while but then the cable company discovered the error and corrected it. I have seen this with some of my clear QAM channels. IU am able able to get A&E HD for a while in clear QAM and then it disappeared and I have not been able to find it recently with either my HDHR or my HD tv.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the response, but I'm still a little bit confused...

Quote:
You should not have to use different cities if you you only have the 2 different types of tuners.
All the channels are picked up, but it seems that channels with identical call signs are being combined into one listing in the guide, i.e. KRIV disappears at channel 9 in the STV lineup because it appears at 80-x in the digital stations. Since my HDHR signal quality can be spotty, I want to see both options for KRIV (Fox) in my guide. Maybe there is something else I'm not understanding, but this is what appears to be happening.

Quote:
I would not expect USA to be clear QAM.
I'm getting many QAM stations (Discovery, Comedy, ESPN, NIK, Disney, etc) as described in other Houston area entires in this forum (RadarLuv, League City, TX), so it seems weird that USA coincidentally disappeared as I messed around with my tuners. I'm sure stranger things have happened, but it seems more likely that I've screwed something up.

jdj
Old 03-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDJinTX View Post
All the channels are picked up, but it seems that channels with identical call signs are being combined into one listing in the guide, i.e. KRIV disappears at channel 9 in the STV lineup because it appears at 80-x in the digital stations. Since my HDHR signal quality can be spotty, I want to see both options for KRIV (Fox) in my guide. Maybe there is something else I'm not understanding, but this is what appears to be happening.
It is normal for stations with the same ID to be combined, so only one would be seen. However, your digital line up should have both KRIV (480i) and something like KRIVDT (720p or 1080i). If you selected KRIVDT then you should also see it in your guide.
Quote:
I'm getting many QAM stations (Discovery, Comedy, ESPN, NIK, Disney, etc) as described in other Houston area entires in this forum (RadarLuv, League City, TX), so it seems weird that USA coincidentally disappeared as I messed around with my tuners. I'm sure stranger things have happened, but it seems more likely that I've screwed something up.
I am surprised that the above stations are clear QAM. I think you are just lucky and would expect them to be encrypted at any time. Since you are currently getting them clear QAM you can ignore my comments about USA.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Sage User

Update:

I ran the HDR Config GUI, and found 11 stations under QAM 74 (101 through 112 , 111 was encrypted). USA was 74-101 and came in quite clearly. When I run the HDHR setup and have it scan I do not see this. In fact, I have run the scan three times tonight and gotten different results each time. Can anyone offer explanations for this?

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

What version of the HDHR software are you running? I am running 20080307 and the HDHomeRun Config program does not show any way to scan or view the channels. The HDHomeRun Setup program is the only program that allows me to do that.