SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:58 PM

SAT please help

I had Sage working perfectly at my old apt with cable. Now I moved to a new place and all I could get was Direct Satellite is there a way to get the SAGE box to work with SAT? If so what adjustments do I need to make. Will the box be able to change channels ect? I found my SAT company in the listing and it gives me the appropriate tv guide but the screen is blank. I cannot the same cable to a tv from the reciever and the TV works fine. As soon as I plug that same cable into the SAGE box there is nothing.

Help!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

I don't run any sat or cable boxes, but I believe you would connect one box per tuner, via S-Video and then go through the Sage Setup and tell it you're using external boxes. You will need IR blasters for channel changes.

P
Old 10-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00sage00
I had Sage working perfectly at my old apt with cable. Now I moved to a new place and all I could get was Direct Satellite is there a way to get the SAGE box to work with SAT? If so what adjustments do I need to make. Will the box be able to change channels ect? I found my SAT company in the listing and it gives me the appropriate tv guide but the screen is blank. I cannot the same cable to a tv from the reciever and the TV works fine. As soon as I plug that same cable into the SAGE box there is nothing.

Help!!!
I have my SD capture card (PVR250) hooked up to a Direct TV Sat box. I use the composite in on the PVR250 and a USBUirt IR "blaster" to change the channel on the SAT box as needed. It works great and all is good.

CLIENT
AMD 64 3500, 512 MB Ram, XP Pro, ATI X300 Onboard Video, nVidia PureVideo Decoder, SPDIF Optical Out to Kenwood DTS
Old 10-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Sage User

Depending on the model of satellite box you have, you may be able to use serial control to change channels.
Video/Audio: Overlay and Cyberlink video/audio
Clients: 2 STX-HD100 HD Media Extenders, 1 MediaMVP
Old 10-19-2006, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Also you can't use both tuners in a dual tuner sat boxes with Sage because one is controlled by RF instead of IR and there isn't an RF blaster for Sage. So you'll actually need one sat box for each capture device you intend to use. I don't know if you plan to use more than one capture device, but I thought it was worth mentioning since I've seen people make the mistake before.