SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-18-2014, 08:53 PM
cheekymonkey cheekymonkey is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 43
Nine and Ten recording issues

Been struggling with an issue that seems to have developed in the last 2-3 weeks

I've just had someone else here in Perth confirm the issue also happens on his setup when recording exactly the same show, so that eliminates my equipment

Recordings are missing large sections, from beginning, middle or end, almost like the signal is dropping. Recordings are also sometimes identified as different show names yet the recording files have the correct name.

The strange thing is when you examine the epg the listing shows "no data" for the show being recorded and normally a show either side of it.

I'm suspecting the now & next data is causing this corruption as the epg looks fine some hours prior to a recording firing. My epg scan is set to only happen once every 24hrs and it is not occurring at or around the time the show is recording.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2014, 04:06 AM
cheekymonkey cheekymonkey is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 43
I've had it confirmed that extra CRID info has been added to the now and next data for Ch11 & 9 with seven to follow shortly, probably in preparation to the new Freeview boxes that will support catchup tv

Temporarily I've chosen to disable the OTA EPG data, and only re-enable it every couple of days whilst nothing is recording, do an EPG update then disable it again.

Unless someone knows howto modify Sagetv's handling of now and next data I guess I'll have to switch over to an xmltv based solution
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2014, 06:08 PM
lesbell lesbell is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 18
Damn - I've noticed the same thing and just come looking for a solution. I can live without Nine and Ten, and can probably get by without Seven, but I'd be screwed if the same thing happened to the ABC and SBS.

Is there a Dummies Guide to getting going with an xmltv-based epg somewhere? I'm getting tired of having to dig into the technicalities of SageTV just to keep what should be a consumer-grade distraction from my real life - which is technical enough as it is. . .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2014, 06:15 PM
cheekymonkey cheekymonkey is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 43
A fully function SageTV is essential for our household harmony.

The first three of my options found so far require me to pay for the donator version of the importer http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22...56/article.asp, note, the site seems to be down at the moment.

1. The easy and supported route would be to buy a subscription from IceTV http://www.icetv.com.au/about/subscribe.shtml

2. On another test server I just started trialling an option using a Raspberry Pi running Shepherd appears to function well, supposedly it can be run in Cygwin on a windows box but as I had the RasPi I used it.

3. I've had problems with ABC and SBS when using EPGDownloader (NZ OTA guide grabber) and I had to change the EPG type to EIT for them, unfortunately you then loose a lot of the added description and other info, this needs some more investigation.

4. Something I have yet to try but should be do able is to automate the shutting down of SageTV copying in the config that uses the OTA guide, starting SageTV up for 15 or so minutes then shutting it back down and restoring the config with OTA guide disabled before restarting SageTV.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2014, 12:47 AM
lesbell lesbell is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
A fully function SageTV is essential for our household harmony.

[...]
2. On another test server I just started trialling an option using a Raspberry Pi running Shepherd appears to function well, supposedly it can be run in Cygwin on a windows box but as I had the RasPi I used it.

[...]
Thanks for the pointers! I'm really short of free time at the moment, so I suspect my best option might be to go IceTV in the short term, while investigating Shepherd and probably MythTV or something as a long-term replacement for Sage. I shall be sad to wave goodbye to my HD-300, though.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2014, 01:30 AM
routerunner's Avatar
routerunner routerunner is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbell View Post
Is there a Dummies Guide to getting going with an xmltv-based epg somewhere? I'm getting tired of having to dig into the technicalities of SageTV just to keep what should be a consumer-grade distraction from my real life - which is technical enough as it is. . .
You can have a look at the WebGrab+Plus solution as well, I use it for some channels and is very good, but then you need to have an XMLTV plugin inserter (Stephane's) able to update the data in SageTV.

Eddy
__________________

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll


Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2014, 03:27 AM
cheekymonkey cheekymonkey is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 43
Thanks, hadn't come across that one.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-26-2014, 08:43 PM
cheekymonkey cheekymonkey is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 43
Stephane's site is still down and I also received a bounce when I tried to send an email to him.

I have a copy of the free version of his up-loader as you'll need it

Just in case his site doesn't come back think I may have been able to automate it, this is a last resort as I don't have a problem paying for his donaters version
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-27-2014, 01:32 AM
routerunner's Avatar
routerunner routerunner is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
Stephane's site is still down and I also received a bounce when I tried to send an email to him.

I have a copy of the free version of his up-loader as you'll need it

Just in case his site doesn't come back think I may have been able to automate it, this is a last resort as I don't have a problem paying for his donaters version
AFAIK the only difference between the free and paid version is the ability to update the EPG instantly via the Nielm's web server back door. If you don't need that feature SageTV will pick-up the new data automatically in 24 hours.

Eddy
__________________

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll


Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2014, 02:20 AM
cheekymonkey cheekymonkey is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 43
Stephane's site is still not up but my no cost solution seems to work

I have created two version of Sage.properties

The one I run normally (Sage_ota_epg_enabled.properties) has the following set
Code:
epg_data_sources/21657/disable_data_scanning=true
and temp one I run ( Sage_ota_epg_disabled.properties) has the following set
Code:
epg_data_sources/21657/disable_data_scanning=false

Then I have created two scripts

OTA_EPG_Enabled.bat

Code:
;; temp load Sage.poperties which will update the EPG Over The Air
;; eg epg_data_sources/21657/disable_data_scanning=true

sc stop SageTV

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV

copy /Y Sage_ota_epg_enabled.properties Sage.properties

sc start SageTV
and OTA_EPG_Disabled.bat

Code:
;; restore back to std Sage.poperties which has EPG Over The Air disabled
;; eg epg_data_sources/21657/disable_data_scanning=false

sc stop SageTV

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV

copy /Y Sage_ota_epg_disabled.properties Sage.properties

sc start SageTV
I run OTA_EPG_Enabled.bat at 04:30am and OTA_EPG_Disabled.bat at 04:55am as it takes about 15-20mins to fully scan all channels.

So far it seems to work fine, I'll post back if it fails.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-01-2014, 02:39 AM
routerunner's Avatar
routerunner routerunner is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
Stephane's site is still not up but my no cost solution seems to work

I have created two version of Sage.properties

The one I run normally (Sage_ota_epg_enabled.properties) has the following set
Code:
epg_data_sources/21657/disable_data_scanning=true
and temp one I run ( Sage_ota_epg_disabled.properties) has the following set
Code:
epg_data_sources/21657/disable_data_scanning=false

Then I have created two scripts

OTA_EPG_Enabled.bat

Code:
;; temp load Sage.poperties which will update the EPG Over The Air
;; eg epg_data_sources/21657/disable_data_scanning=true

sc stop SageTV

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV

copy /Y Sage_ota_epg_enabled.properties Sage.properties

sc start SageTV
and OTA_EPG_Disabled.bat

Code:
;; restore back to std Sage.poperties which has EPG Over The Air disabled
;; eg epg_data_sources/21657/disable_data_scanning=false

sc stop SageTV

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV

copy /Y Sage_ota_epg_disabled.properties Sage.properties

sc start SageTV
I run OTA_EPG_Enabled.bat at 04:30am and OTA_EPG_Disabled.bat at 04:55am as it takes about 15-20mins to fully scan all channels.

So far it seems to work fine, I'll post back if it fails.
Alternatively you can try THIS or if you have the Nielm's webserver installed you could send the following command to the webserver (but you need to login first):

http://<server IP>:8080/sage/GlobalCommand?command=ForceEpgUpdate

Eddy
__________________

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll


Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 07-01-2014 at 02:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-06-2014, 06:04 PM
cheekymonkey cheekymonkey is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 43
Are you sure this works?

I previously had set it to only download the guide in the middle of the night once every 24 hrs, but because I couldn't stop SageTv reading the Now & Next info recordings still got corrupted.

Using the web interface to force an update didn't really give me any advantages as it couldn't download any guide with the following set disable_data_scanning=true so I still needed to stop SageTv to make the changes.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-07-2014, 01:29 AM
routerunner's Avatar
routerunner routerunner is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
Are you sure this works?
No idea, this is from the SageTV official FQA, so I assume is working
Quote:
Using the web interface to force an update didn't really give me any advantages as it couldn't download any guide with the following set disable_data_scanning=true so I still needed to stop SageTv to make the changes.
Again, this was just ta quick suggestion to avoid starting/stopping sagetv service as this is exactly the way Stephane's importer works. The importer connects to the nielm's webserver and POST the aforementioned command and I thought your issue was to replicate the Stephane's importer paid version.

Eddy
__________________

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll


Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-07-2014, 05:20 PM
cheekymonkey cheekymonkey is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 43
Quote:
Again, this was just ta quick suggestion to avoid starting/stopping sagetv service as this is exactly the way Stephane's importer works. The importer connects to the nielm's webserver and POST the aforementioned command and I thought your issue was to replicate the Stephane's importer paid version.
Sorry mate missed your intention there, good idea
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-03-2014, 07:04 PM
cychou cychou is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 182
I lived in Sydney, and I have been a happy SageTV users for years.

My EPG source is at:
http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view

The other two pieces of software (grabber & importer) used to be popular in this forum, but I can't seem to locate them anymore.

My setup is very stable for years.

Let me know if you are interested in my setup, then I can dig them out and share them with you.
__________________
SageTV 6.6.2 / 42" Plasma Panasonic TH-42PX600A/ Intel Pentium DC E6500/ 2Gb Ram/KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T/ Logitech Harmony Remote X360/ Gigabyte GeForce 8500 GT (Silent)/ Winfast DTV1000T/ WD Caviar Green 808Gb HD/ Win 7 Ultimate/ Mission Cinema 7/ Denon AVR-1800
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recording Name Issues dhgb256 Diamond 14 09-15-2012 03:21 PM
Two recording issues I just had RedCoat999 Phoenix 0 03-11-2011 11:01 PM
RECORDING ISSUES guntfighter SageTV Software 10 01-17-2011 01:45 AM
Audio Recording Issues ianeicher SageTV Software 6 05-21-2004 10:11 PM
Brightness issues when recording.... RGyorfi SageTV Software 0 08-06-2003 08:42 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.