SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-14-2017, 08:33 AM
Sage User

Search differences in v9

Recently upgraded from v7 to v9, and running into some frustration. I like to record as many College Football games as I can on Saturday and watch them over the weekend. On Friday, I would do a Search - TV - Title for College Football and I would get all the upcoming games as the show titles were College Football. This way I could review which games were chosen to record and which were being skipped. I would then shift around the recordings if there was a game I wanted to be sure to get. This worked really well.

Now, since moving to v9, my search only shows games that don't have a description (shows "Teams TBA", usually from 1+ week in the future) but won't show me games going on this coming weekend. When looking at the program guide, the games still show up as College Football, but I can't find them via search! I really don't understand what Sage is doing here and I can't seem to control it.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuad156 View Post
I like to record as many College Football games as I can on Saturday and watch them over the weekend.
I think I may know what you're seeing. It happened to me with MLB. Check how many past entries you have. I bet it is more than 1000.

Then go to Setup |Detailed Setup | Customize | Maximum Results per Search. Change it from 1000 to 10000. Then recheck.

I am not sure what happens when we hit 10000. I'll be posting a question myself when that happens.

If I have not guessed correctly, I am out of ideas.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 10-16-2017, 07:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Another way to accomplish the review that you are doing of upcoming games is to go to "browse by category" under schedule recordings. Then go the football section. It will show all of the games in the EPG whether or not the teams are TBA.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
Then go to Setup |Detailed Setup | Customize | Maximum Results per Search. Change it from 1000 to 10000. Then recheck.
Thank you, this helped a LOT. I did notice it stated there were 900-something Past airings before. Increasing this on my PC client allowed me to get more results. Now I see 1800 Past airings and at the top of my list are the upcoming games that I want to review.

Unfortunately, when I tried this on my HD200 it didn't seem to give me additional results. It could be because I have my configs set read-only so the change doesn't really take effect. I'll have to play with it some more and see if I can figure out what it's doing.

Also having an issue getting the web server plugin to give me these also. When I do a search there for College Football I get 1025 past airings, but nothing in the future. Really don't understand this one at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
Another way to accomplish the review that you are doing of upcoming games is to go to "browse by category" under schedule recordings. Then go the football section. It will show all of the games in the EPG whether or not the teams are TBA.
This is interesting. I guess this is useful as a backup, but it's a smaller window with more results than I want. There are almost more non-live game entries with the category Football than there are actual football games. Thanks for the tip though, I don't think I've ever looked at this section of the client before.

Really frustrating that I can't just find a list of "Show Title" that's in the next (number of days of EPG) and leave out all the past view stuff. This might actually give me a reason to write my first REAL plugin.