SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
IsPluginStartupComplete()

Hello,

Not sure if I'm being dumb here (its almost 3.30am so that'll be my excuse) but I can't get IsPluginStartupComplete() to work.

I'm running 7.0.12 on a client machine only and I'm getting:

Code:
EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of IsPluginStartupComplete of java.lang.NullPointerException for:IsPluginStartupComplete()
Any ideas?

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Sage

Be sure you're running 7.0.12 on the server as well. If that's not it, then submit a bug report on the issue at http://sagetv.com/bugs.html (we can't reproduce the problem).

It may also be possible to get null returned for that API call (and the associated exception in the log) if the client is not yet connected to the server and you have autoconnect setup or if it has become disconnected from it.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

Oki,

I tried running it on my server with 7.0.12 (Win7 64bit) and it works fine.....using it on my client machine (Vista 32bit) returns the above errors. Seems abit odd that it works on one but not the other.

Both are completly clean installs but what I think I'll do is re-download the client version again and do another clean install just to make sure I've not got a corrupted install/download (I doubt its that tho). Once I've done this I'll send off that bug report if I see the same issue.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, so I did what I said I was going to do and its now working.....pretty weird. I guess at the time I wasn't runnging 7.0.12 on the server. That seems to be the problem as I've just downgraded the server back to 7.0.11 and its broken again.

Cheers

Ben