SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

UNRAID not seeing Colossus 2 in system devices

Trying everything I can to get back to a stable sagetv setup. Today's attempt involved pulling my Colossus 1s, which I suspect are hard crashing the entire server (not just their own vm) whenever they do what they do that requires the nightly reboots. Enter Colossus 2. Confirmed working in a separate win10 desktop PC, but when installed in the server UNRAID doesn't see it. It does not appear in system devices, and of course also not in pci devices in vm setup. Seems to be getting power, as there is a blinking blue light which I believe means it is not recognized?
Old 02-22-2018, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
Trying everything I can to get back to a stable sagetv setup. Today's attempt involved pulling my Colossus 1s, which I suspect are hard crashing the entire server (not just their own vm) whenever they do what they do that requires the nightly reboots. Enter Colossus 2. Confirmed working in a separate win10 desktop PC, but when installed in the server UNRAID doesn't see it. It does not appear in system devices, and of course also not in pci devices in vm setup. Seems to be getting power, as there is a blinking blue light which I believe means it is not recognized?
FWIW my Colossus 1's have zero problems with unRAID. I don't have to do daily reboots. I use Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 (same for the most part) and it works great. With Windows 7 I had to do reboots every 2 days or so.

I know that for some server boards there is an issue with PCIE tuners for some reason. I had an HVR-2250 for OTA that I couldn't get my intel server board to recognize no matter what I tried. Card just wasn't compatible with my board.

I hope that isn't your issue.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Interesting. 2 days is what I get out of it even with vm reboots. Never makes it a third night, UNRAID always freezes overnight.

What would happen to your win7 without reboots? Colossus would disappear or who whole VM crash, etc?
Old 02-22-2018, 12:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
I have both the original Colossus and Colossus 2 in my unRAID server running without issues. Under system devices, the Colossus 2 doesn't appear as a multimedia controller like Colossus 1 but as a USB controller. The exact description appears as: 'USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042A USB 3.0 Host Controller'. At first I had trouble finding the Colossus 2 in system devices.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

How did you get the VM to recognize it as a tuner? I'm seeing the same thing, but I can't figure out how to force the installer to see it. If i update the driver vial the device manager, it just says the best one is already installed as a usb controller