SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #201  
Old 07-11-2020, 01:39 PM
t4runnr t4runnr is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Hi All,

Here is a small beta release. I have updated the code so that when on the FireTV if you hit the Back/Previous or the Next/PlayPause when the keyboard is shown it will close the keyboard.

Without this the keyboard was unusable, and without great effort using the Android client in Placeshifter mode was almost impossible because you could not put in a username and password.

Those who reported this on Fire stick please let me know how this looks.

SageTV Android Client 1.5.2 Beta 1

Thanks,
Josh
After sideloading this beta on my firestick, should it say 1.5.2? When I sideloaded the apk, it still says 1.5.1.

I'm sure it will work but I don't want to mess with the settings only to find out that it wasn't 1.5.2.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 07-11-2020, 02:52 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4runnr View Post
After sideloading this beta on my firestick, should it say 1.5.2? When I sideloaded the apk, it still says 1.5.1.

I'm sure it will work but I don't want to mess with the settings only to find out that it wasn't 1.5.2.

Thanks for your help.
The latest release is in the first page of this thread.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66405
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 07-11-2020, 03:05 PM
t4runnr t4runnr is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
The latest release is in the first page of this thread.

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66405
Thank you. I understand that part. But the beta file is what I was interested in trying. Which my previous post shows that its 1.5.2 beta.

The apk file name shows 1.5.2 beta. When I install it on the firestick, it shows 1.5.1
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 07-11-2020, 03:07 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4runnr View Post
Thank you. I understand that part. But the beta file is what I was interested in trying. Which my previous post shows that its 1.5.2 beta.

The apk file name shows 1.5.2 beta. When I install it on the firestick, it shows 1.5.1
There is no new beta latest release is just that the latest. Maybe Josh should take out those OLD Beta release links.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-11-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 07-11-2020, 03:20 PM
t4runnr t4runnr is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
There is no new beta latest release is just that the latest. Maybe Josh should take out those OLD Beta release links.
Thanks. I'm good. I already had a firestick with 1.5.1. I had a spare firestick so i thought about checking out that beta.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 07-11-2020, 05:39 PM
KryptoNyte's Avatar
KryptoNyte KryptoNyte is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Can you actually change volume on your phone now?
No. Not without bringing up a media volume screen. It's pretty much why I keep an apk of 1.2.8 around, just for my phone, so I can change the volume with the physical buttons.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 07-11-2020, 09:55 PM
tvmaster2's Avatar
tvmaster2 tvmaster2 is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: tarana
Posts: 3,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
No. Not without bringing up a media volume screen. It's pretty much why I keep an apk of 1.2.8 around, just for my phone, so I can change the volume with the physical buttons.
Good, thought it was just me. Phone only? Any other devices where volume doesnít work for you? Iíll check my Firestick.
__________________
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300ís networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 07-12-2020, 06:21 AM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 750
Status Update

Hi all,

Got good news and bad news.

Good news: My app got approved on Amazon.
Bad news: It did not pass on FireTV based devices. Mainly because of the login screen and the keyboard. I still have some work to do.

I am on vacation this week, so I may not have much to report for a few weeks.

Thanks,
Josh
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 07-12-2020, 07:04 AM
KryptoNyte's Avatar
KryptoNyte KryptoNyte is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,495
Enjoy your vacation time, Josh!
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 07-12-2020, 10:23 AM
tvmaster2's Avatar
tvmaster2 tvmaster2 is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: tarana
Posts: 3,941
Ditto, enjoy!
__________________
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300ís networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 07-14-2020, 04:18 AM
NetworkGuy NetworkGuy is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
I am on vacation this week, so I may not have much to report for a few weeks.
Vacation? What's that?

(Can we leave the house now?)
__________________
Hardware: Intel Core i5-3330 CPU; 8GB (2 x 4GB); 2-4TB WD Blue SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD; Windows 7
Servers: ChannelsDVR, Plex, AnyStream, PlayOn, SageTV 9
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Tuner: HDHomeRun Prime (2)
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+, Xfinity
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 07-20-2020, 09:08 PM
Galaxysurfer Galaxysurfer is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, AB CANADA
Posts: 346
Thumbs up Re Android miniclient fork

https://www.aftvnews.com/sideload-ap...ck-downloader/

This app linked above is available in the amazon store for those with Firesticks and/or non phone android versions. This will allow for downloading apk files from browser. I also use something called Aptoide TV as an alternative app store. WARNING I use a vpn & they say to use one when accessing their store. This might be an alternative to downloading from Amazon appstore if for any reason they won't include this app in their store. I am picky on what apps I download. I use this for accessing geo blocked apps. Great work on your fork. I can relate to the forced recruitment. LOL that happened with me & my community association. Whatever happens your contribution is appreciated if it allows us to keep using Sagetv software.
P.S.
It would be great if you could solve the keyboard issues where it defaults to google keyboard overriding our Sagetv interface.

Last edited by Galaxysurfer; 07-20-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 07-20-2020, 09:21 PM
Galaxysurfer Galaxysurfer is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, AB CANADA
Posts: 346
link to Aptoide TV

https://www.digitbin.com/aptoide-fire-tv/ * for info about the app

https://tv.aptoide.com/ * use this link for app download

This maybe of interest to those that use an android appstore other than google play and/or amazon

The Sagetv fork should already be there via my community share. Hope you don't mind Josh. If not it is easy enough to add. There you can push your updates too.

Last edited by Galaxysurfer; 07-20-2020 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 07-21-2020, 12:20 PM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
It would be great if you could solve the keyboard issues where it defaults to google keyboard overriding our Sagetv interface.
Could you provide more detail on what you mean by this? Are you talking about the login screen?

I think but am not certain that there are times that the STV handles the keyboard activities, and then there are times the client is supposed to. For instance it does not seem like the STV has an on screen keyboard for the login screen. I have had to do a number of work arounds to get that to work "OK" for the average user.

If there is another occasion where this is happening I could take a look at it.

Josh
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 07-21-2020, 12:21 PM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
https://www.digitbin.com/aptoide-fire-tv/ * for info about the app

https://tv.aptoide.com/ * use this link for app download

This maybe of interest to those that use an android appstore other than google play and/or amazon

The Sagetv fork should already be there via my community share. Hope you don't mind Josh. If not it is easy enough to add. There you can push your updates too.
I do not mind at all. Thank you for posting it.

Josh
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 07-21-2020, 12:24 PM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 750
Status Update

Hi All,

Still working on Amazon App Store. I have had my 3rd or 4th rejection for yet another issue . They do not like that the application closes when you use the application switcher (Long press home, go to another application, then go back to SageTV). I am going to see if I can change the behavior so that it closes the connection and goes to the lean back launcher instead of completely closing out. Maybe this will pass.

Anyway. Wanted to let you guys know that I am still trying, and making some slow progress with them.

Josh
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 07-21-2020, 12:31 PM
tvmaster2's Avatar
tvmaster2 tvmaster2 is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: tarana
Posts: 3,941
I think itís safe to say we ALL appreciate what youíre doing. Why do you think Amazon wants it this way?
__________________
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300ís networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 07-24-2020, 07:37 AM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 750
Good news everyone!

I was able to get the Android Client approved on Amazon App Store! It is now available on Most amazon devices. I had to make a few changes for approval, which I am going add to the next release.

1. When on the login screen for placeshifter when you hit the DPAD select key and the keyboard is not shown, it will open the keyboard. I needed to do this to make the login screen acceptable to them. It does make logging in easier.

2. I removed the property that would go to the home screen when closing the connection. This property produced unexpected behavior in certain situations. This setting was set on by default, and I was worried that just changing the default may not pass if I got the same tester. So to make sure this would pass I removed the option.

If you notice that the icon on the home screen is gray or not properly displaying you can click the options button when the icon is selected and remove it from the recently used apps list. The next time you launch the app it will re add the icon properly.

Thanks,
Josh
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 07-24-2020, 08:38 AM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Good news everyone!

I was able to get the Android Client approved on Amazon App Store! It is now available on Most amazon devices. I had to make a few changes for approval, which I am going add to the next release.

1. When on the login screen for placeshifter when you hit the DPAD select key and the keyboard is not shown, it will open the keyboard. I needed to do this to make the login screen acceptable to them. It does make logging in easier.

2. I removed the property that would go to the home screen when closing the connection. This property produced unexpected behavior in certain situations. This setting was set on by default, and I was worried that just changing the default may not pass if I got the same tester. So to make sure this would pass I removed the option.

If you notice that the icon on the home screen is gray or not properly displaying you can click the options button when the icon is selected and remove it from the recently used apps list. The next time you launch the app it will re add the icon properly.

Thanks,
Josh
Downloaded and Installed Icon looks great.
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 07-24-2020, 09:23 AM
jvl711's Avatar
jvl711 jvl711 is offline
Sage Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Downloaded and Installed Icon looks great.
Thank you! Amazon uses a 1280x720 file for the icon. I could not find a large enough SageTV logo for it, so I spent a few hours looking for a font that was similar. Found one of Googles fonts that was very similar. Only minor differences. I did my best to recreate it in a larger size. Glad that you like it!

Josh
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SageTV MiniClient for Android Indiegogo Campaign (Thanks) stuckless SageTV Clients Development 13 10-27-2020 01:49 PM
Android MiniClient 1.4.3 stuckless SageTV Clients Development 20 03-25-2019 10:32 AM
Android MiniClient 1.2.9 stuckless SageTV Clients Development 53 04-16-2018 07:30 AM
Android Miniclient and UK TV rickgillyon SageTV Clients Development 6 12-01-2016 05:58 PM
Android Miniclient on Mi Box Crashing SageTV Server v9 mackb SageTV Clients Development 9 11-27-2016 07:28 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.