SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #201  
Old 01-04-2012, 01:50 PM
emveepee emveepee is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiledog View Post
Also, does the app seem a bit slow. Mine takes 5 to 10 seconds to open a library. Once I select my show, it takes 5 to 10 seconds to start playing. (Note: on my win7 client the delays are about 1 second.
The Plex client for Samsung is html/javascript so I wouldn't expect rendering times to be as good as on the PC. I run on a D7000 and I find the performance and timelines fine, although my files come from NextPVR and so they are .ts not .mpg. Skipping is good too, but resume is still broken and unfortunately .edl files aren't supported by the server so comskip on a client would take some work.

Martin
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 PM
PiX64's Avatar
PiX64 PiX64 is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,991
Just wanted to give everyone an update. Brian and I made some GREAT progress today.

so far what we have is

1) Custom SageTV Scanner (This will scan all sage files and put them into a container the agents can recognize)
2) A working agent named SageTV BMT Agent.

We are ironing out some kinks before we get the code over to Darci for testing and documentation.

we will be working on
- all avaialbe metadata from sage into plex
- posters and fanart
- TV & recorded movies.

tv and recorded movies will require you to have 2 different directories setup unfortunately because of the way plex handles things, but you will essentialy create a TVshow import folder using "SageTV Scanner" && "SageTV BMT Agent" then another import folder for movies also using "SageTV Scanner" && "SageTV BMT Agent"

easy enough right :-). here are some pics:


*** Thanks again to Brian and shortly Darci :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plex1.jpg (75.0 KB, 1115 views)
File Type: jpg plex2.jpg (91.7 KB, 807 views)
File Type: jpg plex3.jpg (68.0 KB, 767 views)
File Type: jpg Plex4.jpg (133.3 KB, 770 views)

Last edited by PiX64; 01-04-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,659
Someone really likes Dr Phil!

When you talk about requiring 2 different directories does that mean that you need two copies of all media files.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 PM
PiX64's Avatar
PiX64 PiX64 is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Someone really likes Dr Phil!

When you talk about requiring 2 different directories does that mean that you need two copies of all media files.
Yeah wifey does and glee for some dumb reason.. whatever i don't have to watch it :-)

so the answer to your question is NO.

what i meant was in plex u will need to setup
1) Go to home in plex media manager
2) click TV Shows. and this will be your SageTV TVShows import ...so if you have 3 recording drives like i do, you would list them all here
3) once that finishs go back to home in PMM and select Movies
4) Add your Sage REcordings directories again, but this time the movies will be scraped and put into Plex

The reason it must be this way is becasue the Movies object and TV Show object are 2 very different animals. Movies has far less metadata and far less sorting/grouping capabilities than tv_shows.

don't worry though, this will all be explained when Darci does her magic on the documentation. its truly very easy.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 AM
darcilicious's Avatar
darcilicious darcilicious is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
don't worry though, this will all be explained when Darci does her magic on the documentation. its truly very easy.
Bwahahaha -- that's what developers ALWAYS say

Looking forward to breaking things soon
__________________
SageTV Server 7.1.x w/Gemstone and Plex Home Theater v1.0.10 w/PlexPass
HD-PVR w/v1.5.6 drivers / Hauppauge IR blaster / FiOS Extreme HD / Motorola QIP6200 / SPDIF+720p Fixed Output
on HP Media Center 8400F (Phenom 9500 QuadCore 2.2GHz, nVidia GeForce 8500 GT)
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 01-05-2012, 08:56 AM
chiledog chiledog is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
The Plex client for Samsung is html/javascript so I wouldn't expect rendering times to be as good as on the PC. I run on a D7000 and I find the performance and timelines fine, although my files come from NextPVR and so they are .ts not .mpg. Skipping is good too, but resume is still broken and unfortunately .edl files aren't supported by the server so comskip on a client would take some work.

Martin
Here is a post over at Plex that talks about Samsung API not being able to handle PVRed mpg files.

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/...ogram-streams/

Sounds like you are running into this problem. Maybe it can handle .ts files better.

Does anyone know if you can change SageTV to record as ts files instead of mpg? (BTW, I am on a Windows XP box).

Thanks,
Chiledog
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 01-05-2012, 09:07 AM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,659
Are there other files types that the Samsung plays better? Perhaps you could just convert all MPEG files to another format that it handles, like MP4/M4V assuming that it handles H.264. You would also save disk space and have files that will play on an iPhone/iPad.

Sage can automatically convert files using its built-in transcoder upon completion of a recording and can delete the original if so desired.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:21 AM
chiledog chiledog is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 69
It plays H264 well. I am trying this now. The only down side is my sagetv box's processor is a bit week (an old dual core Athlon). It will probably take 4 or 5 hours to convert an hour recording.

It is a shame since the Samsung BR player can play the files, just not Plex for Samsung,
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 AM
panteragstk's Avatar
panteragstk panteragstk is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Posts: 3,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Just wanted to give everyone an update. Brian and I made some GREAT progress today.

so far what we have is

1) Custom SageTV Scanner (This will scan all sage files and put them into a container the agents can recognize)
2) A working agent named SageTV BMT Agent.

We are ironing out some kinks before we get the code over to Darci for testing and documentation.

we will be working on
- all avaialbe metadata from sage into plex
- posters and fanart
- TV & recorded movies.
So far so good. Once your list is finished live tv will really be the only thing left to get going (right?). Awesome work so far.
__________________
SageTV Server: unRAID Docker v9, S2600CPJ, Norco 24 hot swap bay case, 2x Xeon 2670, 64 GB DDR3, 3x Colossus for DirecTV, HDHR for OTA
Living room: nVidia Shield TV, Sage Mini Client, 65" Panasonic VT60
Bedroom: Xiomi Mi Box, Sage Mini Client, 42" Panasonic PZ800u
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 01-06-2012, 08:24 PM
PiX64's Avatar
PiX64 PiX64 is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,991
For anyone wanting to follow along

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for-plexmediacenter/

Last edited by PiX64; 01-08-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 01-08-2012, 06:44 AM
Jason's Avatar
Jason Jason is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Fir anyone wanting to follow along

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for-plexmediacenter/
I responded via the Plex forums on your Watched/Unwatched Status ticket (#4 I believe...)

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/...80#entry229580

In short,

Code:
You can changed the watched/unwatched status via following URL:

Set Watched: http://<pms server>:32400/:/scrobble?key=<item key>&identifier=com.plexapp.plugins.library
Set UnWatched: http://<pms server>:32400/:/unscrobble?key=<item key>&identifier=com.plexapp.plugins.library

where the <item key> = the number from the key attribute return from PMS.

eg if key for a movie was /library/metadata/554 then <item key>=554

then use
Watched: http://<pms server>:32400/:/scrobble?key=554&identifier=com.plexapp.plugins.library
UnWatched: http://<pms server>:32400/:/unscrobble?key=554&identifier=com.plexapp.plugins.library
-Jason
__________________
True standalone tuner functionality with the --> HAVA Channel Changer<--
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 AM
PiX64's Avatar
PiX64 PiX64 is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I responded via the Plex forums on your Watched/Unwatched Status ticket (#4 I believe...)

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/...80#entry229580

In short,

Code:
You can changed the watched/unwatched status via following URL:

Set Watched: http://<pms server>:32400/:/scrobble?key=<item key>&identifier=com.plexapp.plugins.library
Set UnWatched: http://<pms server>:32400/:/unscrobble?key=<item key>&identifier=com.plexapp.plugins.library

where the <item key> = the number from the key attribute return from PMS.

eg if key for a movie was /library/metadata/554 then <item key>=554

then use
Watched: http://<pms server>:32400/:/scrobble?key=554&identifier=com.plexapp.plugins.library
UnWatched: http://<pms server>:32400/:/unscrobble?key=554&identifier=com.plexapp.plugins.library
-Jason
Awesome thanks Jason!
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 AM
cslatt's Avatar
cslatt cslatt is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 239
I just checked this out of Subversion and installed it - looking good so far guys!

It picked up all of my recordings and correctly figured out the name of the show (stuck them all in "specials" rather than the appropriate season but I'm guessing that's a known issue).
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 01-09-2012, 09:56 AM
PiX64's Avatar
PiX64 PiX64 is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt View Post
I just checked this out of Subversion and installed it - looking good so far guys!

It picked up all of my recordings and correctly figured out the name of the show (stuck them all in "specials" rather than the appropriate season but I'm guessing that's a known issue).
Yes that is a known issue. We are having issues with plex refreshing all of the metadata we put into its metadata container...even though we explicitly tell it to...
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 AM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,659
You should start a thread in the V7 Customizations forum so that people who aren't following this thread will have more chance to discover what you are doing.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 01-09-2012, 11:05 AM
PiX64's Avatar
PiX64 PiX64 is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
You should start a thread in the V7 Customizations forum so that people who aren't following this thread will have more chance to discover what you are doing.
yup...good call i will.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 PM
cslatt's Avatar
cslatt cslatt is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 239
This guy appears to have had a similar problem that he traced to using a URL as the metadata id; it looks like you guys are using the filename as the metadata id - maybe it's the same issue?
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 01-09-2012, 01:06 PM
PiX64's Avatar
PiX64 PiX64 is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,991
Yeah we are using the filename from what i remember. well change it and see if that solves the issue. if it does then we may be closer to a release that previously thought.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
cslatt's Avatar
cslatt cslatt is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 239
Might be best to use the AiringID from the filename as the ID, then you could look up using GetAiringForID rather than GetMediaFileForFilePath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Yeah we are using the filename from what i remember. well change it and see if that solves the issue. if it does then we may be closer to a release that previously thought.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
PiX64's Avatar
PiX64 PiX64 is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,991
as requested - new thread.


please continue discussion there

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...15&postcount=1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plex vs AirVideo for streaming files to iPad wayner General Discussion 16 11-03-2011 12:13 PM
Plex in a TV? What about sage? rwc General Discussion 9 09-05-2010 04:38 PM
Possible to get SageTV to handle my library more like Plex? DAMAC SageTV Mac Edition 0 06-10-2009 10:33 AM
Button press to bring Sage forward to front active? IncredibleHat SageTV Software 8 05-30-2006 06:31 PM
Anything new on the MVP front? x[corwyn] SageTV Customizations 12 08-22-2004 06:49 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.