SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 06-01-2021, 08:40 PM
Sage User

Wow - this makes sense (regrettably)! Seems like the best hope here (for seekable playback) is for remuxed push content run through the transcoder in a MKV wrapper. Pull content in a .ts/.ps isn't seekable and the Sage remuxer appears to have issues pushing (per Josh in 2nd post above). Holy grail is getting this to play ball without active transcoding.
Primary Client: VM W10x64 with GPU Passthrough
Old 06-02-2021, 06:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
To add onto stuckless' comments, which I agree with 100%, there is another caveat here. Android miniclient is telling sage that it does not support .ts/.ps for pull, it tells sage that it supports it for push only. This than makes sage uses its own muxer to process the files instead of sending them raw to the Android client. I have played around with these settings to make it send the files raw "pull", and it does not seem to be able to play it.

In short: ExoPlayer seems to love MKV and is ok at .ps/.ts. So I think that if I get around to adding the remux setting to keep audio and video as is, but place in MKV container, Andriod Client will probably have very little issues with the content.

Josh
You already have MKV Profiles in the miniclient why not just add a simple remux that takes very little CPU and let us test it?
Old 06-02-2021, 07:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
You already have MKV Profiles in the miniclient why not just add a simple remux that takes very little CPU and let us test it?
Stream copy as ffmpeg calls it. Been looking forward to that feature for a long time.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
Stream copy as ffmpeg calls it. Been looking forward to that feature for a long time.
Right now these are my favorites defaults to remux to MKV and Delete original ...

Old 06-02-2021, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojones View Post
Stuckless - As usual you make a lot of sense! I had forgotten about the ExoPlayer grumpiness with bad files. I had assumed OpenDCT would clean that up but maybe its only cleaned up well enough to play not seek. I wonder if ExoPlayer will fully digest the streams provided by SageTVTranscoder once Josh figures out remuxing. Theoretically OpenDCT should already be doing this but I am clearly not an expert!
wonder if this is my problem. I haven't switched to OpenDCT and rather using PrimeNetEncoder because I've had zero playback problems with it and the SageTV HDxxx extenders. But what I'm noticing is that some MPEG2 TS files I play with the MiniClient will often shuttle their timelines back to the beginning of the file or the last play point when seeking. When this happens to save the SO grief I just switch back to the HD300. :/

What's interesting is once I run these same files through a (nightly) SJQ Handbrake conversion to MKV (to save space), they shuttle fine in the MiniClient.