SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Favorites: Keep At Most, AutoDelete & "Jeopardy!"

Maybe I need a refresher on how AutoDelete works. I have "Keep at Most" set to 5 for my Jeopardy! favorite and AutoDelete set to "Yes", but SageTV just piles up the recordings and ignores the limit of 5.

Might it have something to do with the show ID's for Jeopardy!?

Or, just had another thought. Could it be due to a SJQ job that compresses them through Handbrake, even though I copy the metadata to the new file?

What am I missing?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Or, just had another thought. Could it be due to a SJQ job that compresses them through Handbrake, even though I copy the metadata to the new file?
I'd investigate this. Can't remember for sure, but if you're doing something with SJQ where you're deleting the media file obj in wiz.bin and relinking the metadata after importing the compressed video then I believe the core marks the new imported copy as "Archived" and "Manual Record", which, if it does, would explain why your keep at most is being ignored. You would need to remove the archived flag (I think) and remove the manual record flag (for sure) after relinking the metadata to the new compressed video.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 02-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I'd investigate this. Can't remember for sure, but if you're doing something with SJQ where you're deleting the media file obj in wiz.bin and relinking the metadata after importing the compressed video then I believe the core marks the new imported copy as "Archived" and "Manual Record", which, if it does, would explain why your keep at most is being ignored. You would need to remove the archived flag (I think) and remove the manual record flag (for sure) after relinking the metadata to the new compressed video.
Thanks for checking in Slugger. I looked and after relink they aren't marked Archived or Manual. The only thing I know is they lose their tuner info in the process.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

If they are losing their tuner info, then they are being unlinked from the original Airing object. This is likely removing them from the autodelete consideration.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
If they are losing their tuner info, then they are being unlinked from the original Airing object. This is likely removing them from the autodelete consideration.
Well, maybe this is it then. There is no way to place captured tuner info on another object via the Sage API that I can find.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

In the stock UI, go to the Favorite Details screen for that Favorite and click Additional Airings. Then click on the Current Recordings folder. That will tell you which recordings Sage thinks are controlled by that Favorite and thereby subject to Keep At Most and Autodelete. If your recordings aren't in there, then something is happening to make the Favorite not recognize them anymore.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Best thing to do in your conversions, is to not rename the file. (keep it named the same, including the mediafile ID) It should update the reference when sage scans it in. Changing the extension is fine. This is how the built-in conversion does it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
In the stock UI, go to the Favorite Details screen for that Favorite and click Additional Airings. Then click on the Current Recordings folder. That will tell you which recordings Sage thinks are controlled by that Favorite and thereby subject to Keep At Most and Autodelete. If your recordings aren't in there, then something is happening to make the Favorite not recognize them anymore.
Well, that's a handy tip.

Yep, they are being "lost" to Favorites. What's interesting is that Jeopardy! is not alone, a lot of my favorites are no longer managed by the rules that recorded them in the first place. (Heh, I think I had noticed on occasion that "Add this show as a Favorite" was on the recording options of some of these and never looked into why.... duh. ).

There does appear to be a pattern emerging, recordings made via the Silicon Dust Prime and converted (via Handbrake) appear to all be "lost" to the Favorites manager, those recorded via HD-PVR's and converted by the same script are not. They're both recorded as transport streams so I'm not sure what, if anything I'm doing differently to them.

I'll have to go back over the script. The file names are kept intact throughout with only the change of extension. One last step I added in the last 6 months is resetting the time stamp to match the original's. There could be a Comskip and Commercial Detector angle in here too I'll need to look at.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Last edited by phelme; 02-14-2012 at 01:34 PM.