SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Time to look for alternatives next vacation
It's certainly not the cheapest solution out there, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Nvidia Shield TV. It is a lot more powerful than any of the "stick" streamers and it is really easy to add other programs like a VPN client which can make accessing your home easier.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 06-18-2022, 11:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Java 11 related I think

Since the JDK and Docker update for Java 11, related to fixing IMDB, I am seeing some apparent font corruption problem in certain parts of the UI. This is only on the mini-client on FireTV. There is no problem on the HDx000 client or the windows client. I run two servers and am seeing the problem on both servers in the Edit Metadata screen. On one server, I am seeing a problem in the Malore recording. Strangely, I do not see it on the other server.

I am running Java 11. I have stopped SageTV, deleted the files in the fontcache directory and restarted. That did not work.

On the Edit Metadata screen the right half of the screen has font corruption.

On the Malore Recording screen (not sure what else to call it) the top line, in yellow, with the recording title, is messed up.

Any thoughts or advice of what else I can try?

Apologies for the wonky look of the photos. I did not know how else to capture the screen and my TV is one of those curved ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EditMetadataScreenPhoto.jpg (231.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg MaloreRecordingScreen.jpg (275.2 KB, 22 views)
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 06-18-2022, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
Since the JDK and Docker update for Java 11, related to fixing IMDB, I am seeing some apparent font corruption problem in certain parts of the UI. This is only on the mini-client on FireTV. There is no problem on the HDx000 client or the windows client. I run two servers and am seeing the problem on both servers in the Edit Metadata screen. On one server, I am seeing a problem in the Malore recording. Strangely, I do not see it on the other server.

I am running Java 11. I have stopped SageTV, deleted the files in the fontcache directory and restarted. That did not work.

On the Edit Metadata screen the right half of the screen has font corruption.

On the Malore Recording screen (not sure what else to call it) the top line, in yellow, with the recording title, is messed up.

Any thoughts or advice of what else I can try?

Apologies for the wonky look of the photos. I did not know how else to capture the screen and my TV is one of those curved ones.
here is a thread where Narflex posted some ways to resolve placeshifter font/display issues...

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55574

K
Old 06-18-2022, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
here is a thread where Narflex posted some ways to resolve placeshifter font/display issues...

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55574

K
Thanks, that helped. All the discussion pointed to it being a client-side problem.

Fixing it involved going to the FireTV settings | Applications | Manage Installed Applications | Sage TV Android Client | Clear Cache.

(NOT Clear Data)
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA