SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Scheduling error???

I"m playing with 6.4.5 and I set a favorite for a show and it's getting scheduled twice! My analog tuner is going to try and tune it and so is my digital tuner on one of the digital channels. They have the same show ID.

Why isn't Sage picking one of them? Is this a bug in 6.4.5?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sage_1.JPG (142.0 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Sage_2.JPG (125.3 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg Sage_3.JPG (124.4 KB, 131 views)
Old 07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Those are generic show IDs, so SageTV can't really tell the difference & will record all of airings.

There is an option in Detailed Setup -> Customize -> "Detect repeat airings with non-unique IDs" that you could try, but it can't always tell & those airings are on two different channels: regular + DT versions of WHDH.

Also, if there are 2 Favs limited to different channels, they can cause the same show to be recorded, on purpose.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

So basically it was my dumb luck that I picked a show with a generic ID to test with! :-)
Old 02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Has there been any updates to this in that few revs or so?

What I was doing before to fix this was to limit the news to analog by telling it to only record on WHDH and not WHDHDT

But I just got a nice new big TV and watching SD really sucks! So I'd really like to be able to watch the news in HD if I can and revert to SD only if there is a conflict. But if I remove the channel restriction, then it still schedules both. I set the "detect repeat airings" thing.. but it still schedules.

Am I out of luck still?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 02-26-2010, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

No real change on this front, it's just an issue with poor/imcomplete EPG data. I also don't see them doing much to improve the EPG for reruns of game shows.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
No real change on this front, it's just an issue with poor/imcomplete EPG data. I also don't see them doing much to improve the EPG for reruns of game shows.
Game Shows are the worst. My wife likes a few of the shows on Game Show Network and she constantly seeing the same "episode"....

I guess it could be worse, we could still be forced to schedule recordings on our vcr's!

EDIT: I actually only hav 1 working VCR left in my house that is solely used for converting videos....
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter