SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2015, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWizdom View Post
I'm working on a hopefully simple (at least thorough) Linux install guide and walkthrough for anyone who wants to try the new system. What I am not sure I understand clearly (and I didn't see in the thread). If someone installs sagetv-server_9.0.3_amd64.tar.gz, do they then also need to download SageJar-9.0.3.173.zip and overwrite the Sage.jar and the SageTV7.xml files, or is the original kept up to date?

As a followup, if the zip contains just the update that should be applied as new updates come out, is there a recommended way to merge the users SageTV7.xml file with the one in the ZIP? Does a configured system store any custom settings in the SageTV7.xml file?

I'm hoping to have a first draft of the walkthrough up tonight, but will probably run through it a few times to see if I can streamline and simplify it.

Thanks for the great downloads and the hard work!
On Linux the .deb (or .tgz depending on how you install it) contains everything that is needed to run sage, including the updated Sage.jar, STV, etc. If using the .deb (which is recommended) means that updates will done using the apt-get installer.

The .zip is mainly for Windows users that are applying this on top of their existing installs.