SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2017, 04:58 AM
Sage Icon

Portable SageTV setup for my camp

I am looking to buy/build a SageTV V9 setup that I can transport up to my camp in season and bring home when I come home.

What I'm looking to build is an OTA system with at least one HDHR OTA box and then I can hook up (or cast) to my 32" HDTV at the camp for watching shows. I will have a portable drive (I already have tons of those) that I can put recordings on.

So basically what I want is either a low cost portable computer/laptop or dedicated box I can run SageTV V9 on and get good video out to my HDTV (either wired, wireless, or cast).

An option I've seen may be one of the small Android TV boxes and put the Android Client onto it. Can I record shows through that, or do I need something that can run full SageTV V9?

As to the networking part of the puzzle. I know that the HDHR's can be hooked directly to the network port on a PC, but what I think I may need is a minimalist network so I can connect the HDHR, Computer, and TV.

I also have a couple HD100 SageTV Hd Extenders laying around that I could even leave up there at the camp. Can those play all the various recording formats/resolutions?

As far as EPG I'm planning on using a WiFi hotspot to get the EPG every few days and then turn the WiFi hotspot off to keep within my data plan on the camp phone.

Thanks in advance for any help.