SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Odd framerate on some rips

I've noted this now on some, but not all, of my DVD collection that I've ripped using dvdfab5. I have only one HD display, so this might make it a little more difficult to diagnose.

These are being ripped to standard vobs: a duplicate of the original disc structure, but without the DRM.

When playing back some movies, it appears that the HD200 starts dropping frames (regularly like an old kinoscope, not freezing, pausing) while the audio track continues.

So far I have observed this on TRON, Monster's Inc, Spy Kids. It only seems to occur during either fast motions, panning shots. When macroblock updates settle down, the problem goes away.

The server is essentially flatlined during this playback: it isn't struggling at all to provide the feed, and I'm Gb from the server through the switch, only choking down to 100/F for the last leg to the HD200.

When I watch the rips on a laptop (the only other form of screen I've got to watch the vobs with) it looks silky smooth.

Suggestions?

M