SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'd like to make my own skin - API guide?

I know the beta just started but I'd like to try my hands at a new skin for Sage 7. Is there documentation on the format for skinning? Thanks.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Depends on what you mean by "skin". If you mean a theme (UI graphics and color scheme, with no changes to menu layout or function), see Theme.properties in SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\Themes\Standard SDTV.

If you mean a full-function UI replacement like SageMC, or an STVI that alters menu layouts or functions in the stock UI, see the resources in the Studio forum.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Depends on what you mean by "skin". If you mean a theme (UI graphics and color scheme, with no changes to menu layout or function), see Theme.properties in SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\Themes\Standard SDTV.

If you mean a full-function UI replacement like SageMC, or an STVI that alters menu layouts or functions in the stock UI, see the resources in the Studio forum.
Thanks, I misunderstood the intent of the skins system. I thought they were going to wrap menu layout into them as well. A standard system for creating and using them would be ideal Then everyone that doesn't like the UI layout can just select a new one.

You could them have skins that looked like other systems if some prefer their look but not power.

Thanks for the heads up.

-Nyle